The Lost tribes conversion to Catholicism/ Protestantism

To all, I have followed one historical theme in my bible studies with great interest. This concerns the dispersion of the House of Israel in 745- 720 BC by the Assyrians to " the cities of the Medes".
And as such the Scythians, Sarmatians, Celts, Cimerrians, Picts, Jutes, Saxons, Visigoths…(etc.)tribes have origins from these Indo-European plains (old Persia-Media before Babylon and Macedonian empires) and were near the Caucasus Mountains.

If you trace some of the classical historians description( e.g. Josephus) of the " gentile tribes" after the House of Judah rejects the messiah, which letters/books of the saints in the new testament( and follow-on non canonical books) seem to recognize this and what Cathoilc scholars have traced some of tribal/clan names back to the original " lost 10 tribes"? I know several non-catholic authors have done similar books to this but was looking for a catholic scholar to get the church’s insight.

You might find such Catholic scholars, but I doubt it.

Catholic theology is largely unconcerned with Judaism. In Old Testament times, Judaism was the “one true faith.” But, once the New Covenant came along, this changed.

Catholics do not believe that Jews today have any special or distinctive place in the plan of salvation. Jews (generally) need the saving merits of Jesus Christ (and the Christian Sacraments) in order to obtain salvation, just as gentiles (generally) do. As far as Catholics are concerned, there is absolutely no theological distinction whatsoever between Jew and gentile. No Jew enjoys any sort of preferential treatment simply because he is a Jew. Modern Jewish people have absolutely no distinctive role or position (simply by being Jewish) in the economy of salvation.

Catholic scholars are not interested in the tribes of Judaism because these tribes have are of no theological significance whatsoever to Christians. Thus, the study of modern Jewish tribes is of little (if any) interest to Catholic theologians.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Judaism is obsolete.

So are you to say “To the Jew first” is no longer valid?

Sounds like replacement theology.

There is no difference in Jesus Christ.
But at the moment, there is a remnant of Israel saved in the Church.
Romans 11:5-6
So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

I don’t know where the “preferential treatment” comment comes from, but at some point in time, unsaved, hardened Israel will be a part of God’s prophetic plan and a remnant will be saved at the second advent of Jesus Christ to the land of Israel.

St.James was interested in the tribes-
James 1:1
James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:
Greetings.

They might want to take up a interest soon, especially in light of the 144,000 “servants of our God”(Rev.7:3) that are from the 12 tribes of Israel that will be used in the seven year tribulation. Let alone the name of the twelve tribes of Israel will be on the gates of the New Jerusalem.

Agreed and Amen!

They still need their messiah.

Romans 3:1-2
What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? Much in every way! First of all, they have been entrusted with the very words of God.

You mean probely:

stevenmcollins.com/

But it is important to note the history behind the New Covenant. Jesus came from the house of Judah to start (scepture), But like House of Jacob/ Israel will return as king over all as the way and the truth.

Catholic scholars are not interested in the tribes of Judaism because these tribes have are of no theological significance whatsoever to Christians. Thus, the study of modern Jewish tribes is of little (if any) interest to Catholic theologians.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Judaism is obsolete.

The question is not about the Jewish(Judah) remnant, But how God used the Ancient Israelite first dispersion(10 tribes) to become the new covenant. One thing is sure, being physically decendents related to the ancient Israeli tribes is not saving, Accepting Jesus as the savior is the only way. However I simply point out that some historical prophesies may have been fulfilled this way and wanted a catholic scholar view. I concur with our other poster, Revelations has some distinct references as does St James/Paul. So This is what prompts the question.

Yes very close as there are others similar to Mr. Collins. Is Mr. Collins Catholic? It doesn’t appear so, If he is a protestant, then he will have the similar views of other protestant book authors on the same subject.

By a catholic scholar I’d be looking for someone who maybe had access to the Vatican Archives, and could display the catholic church’s historical account/ knowledge of the subject.

Links to the vatican Library

New to me was this link I discovered for the Vatican library .vaticanlibrary.va/home.php?ling=eng&res=1024x768

You can register and do some searches.
Nothing yet on my subject, But the internet as a potential source into this library is a good gold nugget
Time to dig!

Yeah, why do you think that is? Could it be that there is really NOTHING on your subject to be found?

You will surely find that the Vatican sources are iron pyrite in your search for Catholic opinion regarding Jewish tribes. Iron pyrite is better known as “fools’ gold” because only a fool would hold it of value. The Vatican is entirely unconcerned with modern Jewish tribal stuff, so you will find nothing of value there.

Good luck with your dig. Please be sure to update us on your findings.

With all respect it is the House of Israel( ten tribes) split off, not the House of Judah.
Of interest to me is the filling of OT and NT prophesies( revelation) as God works his will to create the kingdom. Since God never breaks a promise( Abraham to Jacob(Israel) and the prophets mentioned several things that is whay I posted. It’s not Fool’s gold if it is the truth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.