The Luminous Mysteries.

I do like the Luminous Mysteries but I was wondering what you think of during the third mystery: The proclamation of the Kingdom?

All I can think of is Jesus out in the desert speaking to the people, is this right?

Thanks.

There were moments in which he spoke to individuals, such as Nicodemus, and to his disciples, as well. It can be fun to ferret out such occasions in the Gospels for meditation. :slight_smile:

Sermon on the Mount…
Blessed are the poor.
Blessed are the meek
Blessed are they who mourn, etc…

These folks were never thought to be worthy of anything. Christ turned that on its ear.
Peace.

I focus more on the call to conversion. “Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand!” I imagine Jesus calling us to repentance, to turn away from sin and back to him. I also focus on the call to vocations. Our call to holiness and to live out God’s plan for us. I imagine Jesus calling the Apostles to become “fishers of men”. I use this to motivate me to repent myself and answer God’s calling for me.

You’ll get MANY different answers to this sort of question, which is the beauty of the rosary. So many different wonderful thoughts to contemplate and grow closer to God through Mary! :thumbsup:

I think of several things on this mystery. The first thing I think of is what He said when He came out of the 40 Day temptation in the desert – “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!” The second thing I think about is His parables – the ones where He says, “The Kingdom of Heaven is like ____________.” The third thing I think about is His Sermon on the Mount, where He preaches what true blessedness is really like.

Is that more like what you have in mind?

I always think of the Beatitudes when I say the 3rd decade. Especially, “Only the pure of heart will see the face of God.”

wow, this all gives me more to ponder during the rosary. :), i have kinda limited myself on this one as well, thanks OP for an excellent question

When I pray the rosary, I insert the a single word or phrase after the name of Jesus during the Hail Mary to help my concentration.
During the Luminous Mysteries, the word I insert is Messiah. Jesus is he Messiah. He is the Anointed one, He came to proclaim the Good News of Salvation to all. How did He do this? He healed those who came to Him. He referenced the OT and used parables to teach about the kingdom of God and what God expects from us. Yes, he fed the multitudes with seven loaves of bread and two fish. In other words, I reflect on the ministry of Jesus Christ.

Not to promote my writing, but I have compiled a booklet with scriptural readings, meditations, extra words added to the Hail Marys, etc. for each verse or each decade as one wishes to use them for the rosary with the Luminous Mysteries. If anyone is interested PM me. I have a few copies I can send to those interested, and I can print out more if needed. :slight_smile:

The Luminous Mysterious are my favorite mysteries because they do focus on the ministry of Christ.

How funny because I had that very same thought on this last Thursday morning when I was saying the Luminous Mysteries.

What I came up with was the moment of Jesus ministry that makes me most assured and happy about the existence of heaven and that is when He is on the Cross and the good thief displays penitence and says (Luke 23:42-43)

“Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.

Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

So that was the moment that lifted my heart as I recited the mystery.

I’m trackin’ with you. During this mystery I pray for the hard-of-heart, for the most evil of sinners, for those who have lost their first love of God, for the missionaries that their work not fall on deaf ears, for dissidents, for the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and on the very last bead I pray “that every knee shall bend and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.”

That’s pretty neat! I hadn’t thought of the “hardness of heart”. So amazing how a simple Rosary mystery can reveal so many different reflections.

Such lovely replies just for one mystery of the Rosary.

Such a lovely set of prayers we have been given.

:heaven:

I sometimes think about the rich young man who turned from Jesus and walked away sadly. I then ask that whatever is keeping me from following Jesus fully be removed or if I’m praying for someone else, I ask that whatever is keeping them from following Jesus be removed. Which reminds me I need to meditate more on what those things actually are for myself.

I have a friend who I pray the rosary with once a week and when she announces that mystery she says “The proclamation of the Kingdom and its’ call to conversion.”

I guess I think of Jesus announcing the Kingdom of God and us entering in, changing our lives.

When I pray the 3rd Luminous Mystery, I like to picture myself with the crowd listening to Jesus teach. I especially try to imagine myself close enough to touch his robe.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.