The Luminous Mysteries

Today, 9 May, is the feast day of the Maltese saint, George Preca. He founded the Society for Christian Doctrine in 1907. Those with a particular devotion to Our Lady and the rosary might be interested to know that it was he who composed the Luminous Mysteries of the rosary back in 1957. It wasn’t until Pope John Paul II about 40 or 50 years later that they were introduced to the Church,

I didn’t know this. Thanks!

I didn’t know that either. God Bless, Memaw

Thank you!

And now to learn about another Heavenly friend.

More info: catholicplanet.com/articles/article76.htm

From CatholicPlanet.com:

According to Fr Preca:
When Our Lord Jesus Christ, after his baptism in the Jordan, was led into the desert.
When Our Lord Jesus Christ showed, by word and miracles, that He is true God.
When Our Lord Jesus Christ taught the Beatitudes on the mountain.
When Our Lord Jesus Christ was transfigured on the mountain.
When Our Lord Jesus Christ had his last Meal with the Apostles.

According to the Pope {JPII} :
Jesus’ Baptism in the river Jordan;
His self-manifestation at the wedding at Cana;
His proclamation of the Kingdom of God, with his call to conversion;.
His transfiguration before the Apostles on Mount Tabor.
His institution of the Eucharist, as the sacramental expression of the Paschal Mystery.

While many feel this is an encroachment on Mary’s right to decree this personal practice, I feel the luminous mysteries complete this wonderful summary of our Lord’s time on earth!

I do too! They are actually my favorite.

I quite agree.

Me three. Even before JP2 promoted the Luminous Mysteries, I wondered why the Rosary jumped straight from Our Lor’s finding jn the Temple to His Passion with no mention of the important events of His ministry.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.