The Man Muhammad

Sense Islam is a big topic here it has got my curiosity now.

What kind of man was Muhammad? Was he comparable to Jesus?

You ought to see this short animated movie to help you better understand the man and the Message that he brought to humankind

The real Jesus, Son of God, is not in Islam.

Here is a comparison between the two:

carm.org/islam/Jesus_Muhammad.htm

For instance:

Jesus died and rose from the dead
Muhammad died and stayed dead

Jesus never fought
Muhammad fought many many times

When Jesus heard from God he went to the desert to be tempted and began his ministry with boldness, ([/FONT]Mark 1:14-15)
When Muhammad heard from God (through an angel) he cowered, was uncertain, and wanted to commit suicide (Quran 74:1-5)

Jesus claimed to be God ([/FONT]John 8:24; [/FONT]8:58) as well as a man. Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).
Muhammad claimed to be a man

Received instructions from God the Father ([/FONT]John 5:19)
Muhammed, from an angel

Jesus never killed anyone
Muhammad killed many

Jesus had the power to take life, but never did. He restored it
Muhammad had the power to take it, but he never restored it

No one ever died in Jesus’ presence
Many people died in Muhammad’s presence – he killed them

Jesus never married
Muhammad had over 20 wives and even married a nine year old girl

Jesus received his calling from God directly ([/FONT]Matt. 3:17)
Muhammad received it from an angel (Gabriel)

Jesus received his commission in the daylight
Muhammad received his words in the darkness of a cave

More:

Jesus taught for 3 1/2 years
Muhammad taught for more than 20 years

Jesus performed many miracles including healing people, calming a storm with a command, and raising people from the dead
Muhammad’s only alleged miracle was the Quran

Jesus fulfilled biblical prophecy about being the Messiah
Muhammad did not fulfill any biblical prophecy except the ones about false teachers ([/FONT]Matt. 24:24)

Jesus voluntarily laid his life down for others
Muhammad saved his own life many times and had others killed

Jesus never sinned ([/FONT]1 Pet. 2:22)
Muhammad was a sinner (Quran 40:55; 48:1-2)

Jesus owned no slaves
Muhammad owned slaves

Jesus was virgin born
Muhammad was not virgin born

Jesus received and heard the direct voice of God ([/FONT]Mark 1:10-11)
Muhammad did not receive or hear the direct voice of God. It was an angel instead

Jesus spoke well of women
Muhammad said women were were 1/2 as smart as men (Hadith 3:826; 2:541), that the majority in hell will be women (Had. 1:28,301; 2:161; 7:124), and that women could be mortgaged

If you are Christian, as you claimed in another thread, you would NEVER ask if anyone else was ‘comparable to Jesus’.

When Muhammad heard from God (through an angel) he cowered, was uncertain, and wanted to commit suicide (Quran 74:1-5)

Is this correct? I just googled it and find this

O thou wrapped up (in the mantle)!
74:2 قُمْ فَأَنذِرْ
Arise and deliver thy warning!
74:3 وَرَبَّكَ فَكَبِّرْ
And thy Lord do thou magnify!
74:4 وَثِيَابَكَ فَطَهِّرْ
And thy garments keep free from stain!
74:5 وَالرُّجْزَ فَاهْجُرْ
And all abomination shun!

What are you saying you googled? Also pinkylee you posted this:

"Umm. You need some SERIOUS HELP!
I AM NOT A MUSLIM!

I BELIEVE IN GOD AND HIS SON JESUS!

NOT that I need to tell you anything!"

Are you denying your shahada?

Al-Taqiyya

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

Now see. WHY would anyone listen to a liar, and convert to their religion? And WHY would anyone be a member of a religion that said it is OK to lie?

The first encounter with the spirit in the cave:

‘O you (i.e. Muhammad)! wrapped up in garments!’ Arise and warn (the people against Allah’s Punishment),… up to ‘and desert the idols.’ (al-Mudathir 74:1-5) After this the revelation started coming strongly, frequently and regularly." (Sahih Bukhari 1.3)

After the meeting with the spirit at the Cave, Muhammad was very distressed, and he even wanted to commit suicide,

"I shall go to some high mountain cliff and cast myself down therefrom so that I may kill myself and be at rest. I went off with this mind, but when I was in the midst of the mountains I heard a voice from heaven saying, ‘O Muhammand, thou art God’s apostle and I am Gabriel.’ (At-Tabari: “Tarikh al-Rasul Wa al-Muluk.”, Leiden, 1991, I, p. 1152)

Al-Taqiyya

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

[/quote]

What in the world is the point you are making?

I stated I goggled your quran 74 and came up with something different.
Am I just supposed to believe all your bible and quran verses with “blind faith” and not look them up for myself?

As for the shahada comment; I think I already made myself clear on that.

It’s a known fact that Muhammed was so afraid of the spirit that he encountered when he awoke after sleeping in a cave, that he wanted to run off the cliff to get away from it. It was one of his wives who insisted that the spirit was the angel Gabriel, so he went back to commune with the messenger in the cave. If you want to believe this is fake, that’s your perogative.

But why are you doubting the Bible passages? Have you never read the quoted verses before?

I have to wonder who PinkyLee was before he/she was PinkyLee…

Hi
Muhammad was a man who loved GodAllahYHWH, and the fellow human beings, he was peace loving person and GodAllahYHWH loved him most.
Jesus also loved God and the fellow human beings, he was a peaceful man and God loved him.
Both have similarities with one another.
Thanks

I wonder if it could be no other than amadhassan…

I appreciate that you belong to a sect of Islam that genuinely seems to be peaceful. BUT please do not gloss over the realities of the man, Muhammed. It is not peaceful to rob caravans, kill mass numbers of people and have people who insulted you murdered (like the poet and the woman who was nursing her child when they came to get her, who Muhammed ordered killed for “insulting him”)

Hi
My Catholic friend! If you would think you would agree:

1. All converts in Mecca, converted to Islam **out of their free will **though they were persecuted, they houses destroyed/burnt sometimes, they were subject to a worst social boycott extending to years and they were forced to migrate to Abyssinia (Habsha) a neighboring Catholic Monarchy; even then they were chased by the Infidels of Mecca to bring back to Mecca.
  2. Before Muhammad migrated to Medina (he was among the last migrants), a large population of Medina got converted to Islam out of free will.
  3. There is not a single verse in Quran which promotes terrorism, in reality. There might be verses which have been largely misunderstood with reference to the true rational and reasonable true context.

This proves that Islam was never spread by violence but by the character of Muhammad and peaceful and reasonable arguments of Islam as mentioned in Quran.
Thanks

Muhammed was unsuccessful in converting more than his immediate family (not all), some friends and a few destitute pagans in his 13 years preaching in Mecca. He was beaten up and ultimately, chased out of town. No one may have been forced to convert, but the conversion was not a success either.

1. Before Muhammad migrated to Medina (he was among the last migrants), a large population of Medina got converted to Islam out of free will.

O.K. The violence began with Medina. He settled in Medina without any opposition from the local Jewish and Pagan tribes. In fact it was a welcoming atmosphere. But because he didn’t have any means to sustain his converts that followed him from Mecca, he started raiding highway caravans. They made a living off the booty they stole from the caravans.

After a few such successful adventures, the bloody Battle of Badr happened on 15th March, 624. That was only the beginning of the bloodshed.

1. There is not a single verse in Quran which promotes terrorism, in reality. There might be verses which have been largely misunderstood with reference to the true rational and reasonable true context.

There is not a single verse, correct. There are many:

Allah orders Muslims in the Quran to terrorize non-Muslims on His behalf:

Strike terror (into the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies.” Surah 8:60

Fight (kill) them (non-Muslims), and Allah will punish (torment) them by your hands, cover them with shame.” Surah 9:14

I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them It is not ye who slew them; it was Allah.” Surah 8:12, 17

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.” Surah 9:5

Fight (kill)* those who believe not in Allah, nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.*”
Surah 9:29
islamreview.com/articles/terrorofislam.shtml

This proves that Islam was never spread by violence but by the character of Muhammad and peaceful and reasonable arguments of Islam as mentioned in Quran.
Thanks

Muhammed raided caravans (thievery) and murdered masses of people. This is not a peaceful character.

I don’t know if you are ignoring the fact that Muhammed stole and murdered because you have not read these suras or you hope we haven’t. Is al-taqiyya a belief in Ahmadi Islam, too?

All this is quite lovely. However, it does not explain why someone would kill thousands of people, by driving an airplane into a building and destroy the building in the process as well, all the while shouting “God in Great” in the Arabic Muslim fashion. This was a Muslim act. It murdered thousands of people. It was not only violent, it was MURDER done in the name of Islam.

And since Islam has been, throughout history, spread by violence and force, it does not prove your “non violent” theory at all. There are historical events, many of them, showing the violence of Islam, including at the hands of Muhammed. So no, you have provided no proof. Indeed, you perhaps have shown there is NO proof because if this is your proof, it is not a proof at all, sorry!

Hi
This is not a Muslim act. It would be a Muslim act if it is supported by or ordered by Quran/Islam/Muhammad, when it does not get any support from Quran/Islam/Muhammad; who could it be called a Muslim act?
In fact Quran/Islam/Muhammad say opposit to it.
There are many prophecies in the Quran which have been fulfilled beyond doubt that we have not presently mentioned here, as Quran has not been authored by Muhammad SAW, it is the pristine Word of GodAllahYHWH- the only secure and protected Word of God on the face of globe. Other religions need not feel jealous; Quran claims that all true and principled teachings of every Revealed Religion have been protected and secured through it as Quran encompasses all of them within its fold, so even they have reasons to rejoice, legitimately. Allah is most Gracious and most Merciful.
Prophecy regarding the hardened clergy
Hazrat Ali narrated from Muhammad SAW that the Prophet said: There will come an era on the people of Islam that the real teachings of Islam would not be left but only in name in them (i.e. they would be devoid of the real and truthful teachings of Islam). There would not be left from the Quran except its written text. The mosques of people of that age would inhabit to the full outwardly but these would be empty of the guidance. Their Ulema or scholars would be the worst of the creatures beneath the sky. Tribulations would rise out from such mosques and would return to them (i.e. they would be the source of all the evils of that period). This Hadith has been traditionally narrated by al-Behqui under the al-Iemaan, classification. Its reference is: Mishkat, Kitabul Ilm, al-fasl-us Thalith page 38; Kanzul Ummal volume 6, page 43
I think you now understand, it is reasonable.
Thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.