The Manga Bible

Has anyone seen this?, i don't know which version it is but it sure looks cool, it looks like it has the thumbs up from the anglican Archbishop of Canterbury......oh .. so that answers that question :rolleyes: ...LOL
I think i know what i might getting for Christmas!
:D
theartofsiku.com/THE%20MANGA%20BIBLE%20HOME/THE_MANGA_BIBLE_HOME.htm

Just looked at a review of it. Looks like it's more of a collection of Biblical stories than an actual Bible, but it might be a good way to get people interested in picking up a real Bible:

"The book is meant to be a first taste of the Bible, which many feel too intimidated to read, Mr. Akinsiku said." "The Sermon on the Mount did not make the book, though, because there was not enough action to it."

[quote="Havard, post:2, topic:179635"]
Just looked at a review of it. Looks like it's more of a collection of Biblical stories than an actual Bible, but it might be a good way to get people interested in picking up a real Bible:

"The book is meant to be a first taste of the Bible, which many feel too intimidated to read, Mr. Akinsiku said." "The Sermon on the Mount did not make the book, though, because there was not enough action to it."

[/quote]

What do they mean that there was not enough "action" in it. Obama calls the sermon on the mount "It's so radical that our defense department couldn't take a blow from it" LOL. :D

I work in a a Chistian bookstore (not Catholic but we sell some Catholic things) we sell the Manga Bible. I think it is not the full bible but it has actual word for word text from actual selected Bible stories. I think its NLT (New Living Translation)

[quote="Oumashta, post:3, topic:179635"]
What do they mean that there was not enough "action" in it. Obama calls the sermon on the mount "It's so radical that our defense department couldn't take a blow from it" LOL. :D

[/quote]

It would be silly to have several pages devoted to Jesus siting down and telling people stuff :p
I'm not saying I don't love the Sermon on The Mount, Its just not really something to have pictures drawn to :P

Yeah, long talks aren’t really something you’d see a lot in manga unless it’s a:

1.) Pre-fight/Mid-fight speech.
2.) Dramatic love confession.
3.) Plot-significant history lesson.
4.) A run-down on how to beat the crud of out yet another uber-powered rival.
5.) Explanation of your typical shounen technique.

The Sermon on The Mount is pretty insightful for sure but yeah, it sure doesn’t fall under any of those. XD

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.