The Miracle of Damascus

I don’t think I heard of this before. It is pretty extraordinary and I like the message of the unity of the Orthodox and Catholic Church via the marriage of a couple. This is the first time I see a video with a Nihil Obstat and on top the name of so many priests. I like the call for people to pray for peace.
youtube.com/watch?v=uOx_xBSn1Rk

catholicdigitalstudio.com/miracleofdamascus.htm

The apparition and the stigmata etc… were approved by the bishop.

I am watching the videos while I do my ironing. :slight_smile:

Share your thoughts.

The stigmatist, Myrna Nazzour, visited the Byzantine Church in my neighborhood in 2002. I did not get to see her, but Father Gage, Pastor of that church, whom I know, gave me some copies of the icon. Here is a little information about the visit and pictures of the stigmata. The parish built a small shrine to Our Lady of Soufanieh, and I believe that it is the only one in America and Europe. Sometimes I walk to the church and visit the shrine, but it is very small and high up on the building. You can see photos of her visit and the shrine in the photo gallery which has a link at the bottom of the page. When she came, it was covered by both the local news and newspaper. Father was so excited!

byzcath.org/stmarysbyzantine/myrna.htm

unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/DamascusTestimony.htm

I read this some time ago; still a good read, he covers these kinds of stories.

I believe Myrna was investigated by both East and West Churches and her claims were found to be of supernatural origin.

I believe she has not only the stigmata in her hands but also oil exudes from them at times.

This again is private revelation and it is not binding on any Catholic east or west to believe them or the messages she receives as public revelation was closed at the death of the last apostle. Everything we need to know for salvation has already been revealed.

I have already heard about this. I have been wondering what has happened to her now that there are major battles in the Damascus area.

A good read indeed. Thank you for sharing.

From the testimony of Richard Salbato:

“The Kingdom of Heaven on Earth is the Church.
Those who divided it have sinned. Those who are happy in this division continue to sin.”

Suddenly, this statement shocked me. My mind raced back over the past five years. I had mastered the Bible and the Dogma of Faith. I was well read in the History of the Church. I taught adult religious classes. There were only two questions I felt I didn’t know. I would ask every new priest I met the same question over and over for five years. It had been only a few months prior to this day that I discovered the answer in the writings of St. Augustine. The passage I could not understand was this:

“Amen I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen a greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is greater than he. But from the days of John the Baptist until now the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN has been enduring violent assault, and the violent have been seizing it by force.” (Matt. 11:11-12).

John was not in Heaven. In fact, the Gates of Heaven were still closed. “And no one has ascended into Heaven except Him who has descended from Heaven. …” John 3:13). How could Heaven be assaulted? From Augustine I learned that the City of God, the Kingdom of Heaven, the Kingdom of God, the Body of Christ, and the heavenly Jerusalem were all the same thing. They were the Communion of the Saints: the Church Militant (on earth), the Church Suffering (in Purgatory) and the Church Triumphant (in Heaven). It was one universal, spiritual Kingdom.

1. Interesting, so the Heavenly Jerusalem or New Jerusalem is the Church. I did not know that is what Saint Augustine came to understand. I am not sure how this is the case given the way it is described in Revelation 21:1–27 etc… biblia.com/bible/esv/Rev%2021

2. I also wondered, as Richard Salbato, how we can say: world without end.

3. How is it that the least of the Kingdom of Heaven is greater than John the Baptist? If the Kingdom of Heaven is the Church; how is it that John the Baptist is not part of it, as that may be what the matter is if he is not counted in the least.

“Amen I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen a greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is greater than he. But from the days of John the Baptist until now the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN has been enduring violent assault, and the violent have been seizing it by force.” (Matt. 11:11-12).

Just look her up on Facebook. She’s a public figure. She does a lot of traveling.

Yeah, I looked her up as well and found she has a Facebook page. However, she has not posted since April, 2015.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.