The Miracle Prayer

Has anyone ever heard of the Miracle prayer and will it really change one’s life?

A quick Google search led me to a site that quotes this:

The Miracle Prayer

Benefits: Improved sleep, improved concentration, sense of peace, improve your connection to the Creator, clears negative karma, improves your inner strength

(source: tybro.com/html/the_miracle_prayer.html)

Clears negative karma? Not exactly a concept that is in line with Church teachings… To me it reeks of superstition. “Say this prayer faithfully and miracles will happen.” There is nothing wrong with the actual prayer that I can see, but using a prayer for superstitious reasons is probably not a very good idea.

It’s funny that you mention this. I was just looking at this prayer before logging into CAF.

Snugglebugmom, I think he is referring to this prayer:

Lord Jesus, I come before You just as I am. I am sorry for all my sins. I repent of my sins, please forgive me. In Your name, I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce Satan, the evil spirits and all their works. I give You my entire self, Lord Jesus, now and forever. I invite You into my life Jesus. I accept You as my Lord, God and Saviour. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul and spirit. Come Lord Jesus, cover me with Your Precious Blood and fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I love You Lord Jesus. I Praise You Jesus. I Thank You Jesus. I shall follow You every day of my life. Amen. Mary my Mother, Queen of Peace, all the Angels and Saints, please help me. Amen.

Perhaps he can clarify.

By Father Peter Rookey - yes! it works! I’ve met Fr Rookey on several occasions. Wonderful priest.

• MIRACLE PRAYER *
    Lord Jesus, I come before you just as I am. I am sorry for my sins. I repent of my sins, please forgive me. In your name I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce satan, the evil spirits and all their works. I give you my entire self, Lord Jesus, now and forever. I invite you into my life, Jesus. I accept you as my Lord, God and Saviour. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul and spirit.

Come, Lord Jesus, cover me with your precious blood, and fill me with your Holy Spirit. I Love You, Lord Jesus. I Praise You, Jesus. I Thank You, Jesus. I shall follow you every day of my life. Amen.

Mary, my mother, Queen of Peace, St. Peregrine, the cancer saint, all you Angels and Saints, please help me. Amen.

JaredR is right. I was referring to the prayer he mentioned.

-Rebecca

I always say it either before I go up for communion or if I cannot receive I stay in my pew and say it.

:slight_smile:

I absolutely love this prayer…it has given me much peace.

Awww, this looks like a great prayer, thank you for sharing!

Reading the prayer and the posts on this thread I have to say that the prayer itself sounds very nice and I don’t see anything wrong it what it contains.

However, prayers are not incantations. Prayer is a dialogue of hearts, God’s and ours. Any prayer that “promises” or “guarentees” _______ results is not a prayer at all it’s a superstition. God is not a thing to be manipulated, He is the Creator. He is Being.

So if you are praying this prayer or any other with a sincere heart seeking communion with the Lord then I think you will be ok. But if anyone thinks that by saying a certain formula of words they can force God into giving them what they want then clearly that person doesn’t know God in the slightest.

I thought the St. Jude prayer/novena would be classified as the “miracle prayer”. I have never seen so many positive testimonials about a single saint before as with St. Jude, nicknamed “the miracle worker”.

Thank you,
Eugen von Böhm-Bawerk

As we live plural society we might have friends who are Buddhist, or Hinduist. It is true “Negative Karma” word is not a concept of catholic teaching. But in our Bible, it has similar meaning with “Karma” : “We reap as We sow”. “Negative Karma” means the sins in Christian teachings. If we do bad / harmful / wicked things toward other people in what ever religion, we committed the sins hence God will punish us someday unless we repent our sin through Jesus. The sins in Christianity is"Negative Karma" in Buddhism/ Hinduism. If Jesus clears our sins, it means that Jesus will clear our negative karma, we will live in peace and happiness. We do not need to debate about this, we just need to avoid the sin or negative karma. We just need to pray to Jesus for forgiveness our sins through this prayer.

Miracle Prayer works, it will clear our sins/ our negative karma. Thanks. Dave

st of miracles

catholic-saints.info/catholic-prayers/prayer-to-saint-anthony-of-padua.htm

the miracle prayer by fr peter mary rookey has healed hundreds if not thousands of people miracuolusly .lord jesus i come before you just as i am,i am sorry for my sins,i repent of my sins please forgive me,in your name i forgive all others for what they have done against me,i renounce satan ,the evil spirits,and all there works,i give you my entire self lord jesus,now and forever,i accept you as my lord ,my god, and my saviour, heal me, change me, strenghen me in body, soul, and spirit, come lord jesus cover me with your precious blood and fill me with your holy spirit, i love you lord jesus ,i praise you jesus ,i thank you jesus ,i shall follow you every day of my life AMEN.
mary my mother queen of piece ,st peregrine the cancer saint ,all you holy angels and saints please come to my aid .AMEN

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.