The Mormans

Hello everyone,

I just got done talking with some Mormans. I suspect they will be coming around again. They were talking about the prophet Amos, in the OT. They said something along the lines that this prophet predicted a falling. I tried telling them that the prophet was refering to the Jews falling from there faith. But I was unsuccessful at it. Any tips or pointers?

God Bless,

It is best to either not talk to them, or confront them with the problems with the fundamental book of their religion.

signaturebooks.com/Losing.htm

They will try to spin you in circles with their form of logic, while avoiding the core issue.

[quote=chb03c]I just got done talking with some Mormans. I suspect they will be coming around again. They were talking about the prophet Amos, in the OT. They said something along the lines that this prophet predicted a falling. I tried telling them that the prophet was refering to the Jews falling from there faith. But I was unsuccessful at it. Any tips or pointers?
[/quote]

One thing that is important is to stick to one topic and not let them move you to another topic. This is not a tactic associated only with LDS. Most people, when they are confronted with something they can’t answer will attempt to change the subject. Don’t allow them to. If you wish for them to not come around, simply ask them not to. I have never heard of an LDS missionary continuing to come around after being asked not to.

Just a side note: it’s Mormons (with an ‘o’), not Mormans (with an ‘a’)

Talk to them about the Catholic Church. I wouldn’t even get involved talking about theirs. Tell them about the real presence of Jesus and the graces we receive with each Mass. Let them see your eyes and your total love and dedication to the Church and invite them to come along sometime. I have no idea what their reaction will be.:slight_smile:

I feel that it could be a moment where you could plant a seed of doubt in their minds and maybe they’ll come away with some knowledge they didn’t have before.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you. Save Souls.

[quote=tkdnick]. I have never heard of an LDS missionary continuing to come around after being asked not to.
QUOTE]
Ha!
Crazy story! So one day I was home alone and these Mormon missionaries came to my house. They gave me a pamphlet and left. Then a few days later they came back to see if I read the pamphlet. I said yeah and they left. Then a few days later, they’re back again, and I just explain to them I’m not intrested in Mormonism. A few days later they came back again but I get my dad to answer the door. They didnt come back after that. It was a little creepy…
[/quote]

I just say g’day, offer them a glass of water because it is usually pretty hot in little old Brisbane and say

I am a Catholic:bigyikes: … it is better than anything I know for making them run away… and never come back!:clapping:

If you don’t want them to come back all you have to do is say up front “No thanks, we’re not interested” and they are not supposed to bother you again. If they do come back however, get their names and call the Mission office (should be in your phone book). I guarentee you they won’t come again.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.