The Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Sing at the U.S. Presidential Inauguration

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir to Sing at the U.S. Presidential Inauguration. More: bit.ly/2hgoIxL

I guess they were bound to find someone willing to play the inauguration at some point. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir isn’t exactly Elton John but they are better than nothing I guess. I hear what’s left of the Beach Boys may be interested but they are really just Mike Love at this point.

How snarkey. Obviously you have not heard the MTC perform.

Exactly, there’s a reason Ronald Reagan declared them “America’s choir” during his time in office.

I’d much, much rather listen to the MTC than Elton John.

Of course, I’d much rather be on fire than listen to Elton John, so you can’t go by me.

I agree very snarky!

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is excellent. I was disappointed the liberals bullied Andrea Bocelli not to perform. I understand he and Donald are close friends.

The liberals won’t be watching the inauguration anyway. Why should they care who
performs?

I like both, and think that MTC should be at every presidential inauguration ceremony.

Pfttttttttt…:rolleyes:

Clearly

They are really exceptional. Trump is pulling out all the stops to woo Mormons even though they tended to side with Mitt during the election.

Trump took Utah over the local homegrown fellow McMullin in the presidential election. Rather soundly, iirc.

I think they work hard and sound great. If I did not avoid the Mormon Tabernacle anything like the plague, I would listen to them.

Why do you avoid them like the plague?

I avoid Mormonism like the plague because I know what they believe and completely reject it. I believe that Mormons are great people, but they believe in a theology that is very dangerous to human souls. I feel that it is safer for me to avoid the influence of Mormons, even it’s only through their Choir. I’m willing to make that sacrifice and listen to Catholic choirs instead.

Evan got 21% of the vote, votes that normally would have gone to the GOP candidate.
Trump didn’t break 50% in UT

The MTC has been around for a long time. I have one of their vinyl albums, used to play it often strictly for their hymns and beautiful organ though.

I think if I say more, this will probably go into the L&S forum so I’ll leave it at that. :slight_smile:

I don’t understand how listening to a large group of talented Mormon singers sing patriotic songs we’ve all grown up with is spreading “Mormon influence.”

I would say a much better choice than any pop idols…

Apparently the Rockettes will also be performing.

Me either! :confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.