The Mortal Sin of

:confused: I don’t know what happen to the masturbation topic but if anyone knows how I can access it please let me know.

Anyway, the Church has spoken on this. “Go and sin nomore”

12 Now there was a man full of leprosy 3 in one of the towns where he was; and when he saw Jesus, he fell prostrate, pleaded with him, and said, “Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean.” 13 Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, “I do will it. Be made clean.” And the leprosy left him immediately. 14 Then he ordered him not to tell anyone, but “Go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses prescribed; 4 that will be proof for them.” Gosel according to St. Luke 5May you grow in Wisdom and obey the Authority of Christ whom speaks and operates in the Catholic Church.

Joe

[quote=John666]:confused: I don’t know what happen to the masturbation topic but if anyone knows how I can access it please let me know.

Joe
[/quote]

well I hope it was closed locked and the key thrown away because we are sick of hearing people who suffer with this disorder confessing their sins in the forum, please go find a priest to confess to and give us a break.

Stealing the quote YOU have, “Why can’t we all just get along”:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=puzzleannie]well I hope it was closed locked and the key thrown away<<

:confused: Don’t read it!, if you don’t want to.

because we <<

Who else are you speaking for puzzleannie? This is a important topic that touches many.

are sick of hearing people who suffer with this disorder confessing their sins in the forum, please go find a priest to confess to and give us a break.
[/quote]

<<

Thats my whole point we SHOULD confess the mortal sins to the Priest.

There were many others discussing this…

Joe

[quote=puzzleannie]well I hope it was closed locked and the key thrown away because we are sick of hearing people who suffer with this disorder confessing their sins in the forum, please go find a priest to confess to and give us a break.
[/quote]

I don’t think that the problem is people confessing their masturbating act in the forum. The problem is that there are some people who erroneously think that masturbation is not a mortal sin. This misguided thinking need to be corrected.

I am confounded that masturbation seems to be the hot topic today. I have seen at least 3-4 threads regarding it. What else are you all doing when you are online? Sheesh, take a cold shower, read the bible, go sit for an hour in Perpetual Adoration, say the Rosary. Go for a jog. Sheesh, turn the darn computer off if it is sucha temptation.

[quote=beng]I don’t think that the problem is people confessing their masturbating act in the forum. The problem is that there are some people who erroneously think that masturbation is not a mortal sin. This misguided thinking need to be corrected.
[/quote]

AMEN! I know I didn’t confess it on this forum …

Praise be to God … by His Grace I haven’t had a problem with this for many years and I am very happily married. My own mis guided thinking WAS corrected and I only wish to present the Truth that sets us free.

Joe

[quote=Apologia100]I am confounded that masturbation seems to be the hot topic today.<<

Well I sorry you feel that way … I’m surprised its not more of an issue. Sexual morality is a significant down fall and it seems to relate to more than YOU know of.

I have seen at least 3-4 threads regarding it. What else are you all doing when you are online? Sheesh, take a cold shower, read the bible, go sit for an hour in Perpetual Adoration, say the Rosary. Go for a jog. Sheesh, turn the darn computer off if it is sucha temptation.
[/quote]

<<

I hope this is not true, and I don’t know of any one saying they were doing this.

You made me laugh though.

Joe

[quote=Apologia100]I am confounded that masturbation seems to be the hot topic today. Go for a jog. .
[/quote]

This might explain why (I have calculated) I have run approximately 1/2 way around the world over the past 20 years.

:eek:

This is a case where people who do not have a problem with this sort of temptation (often women), simply can’t relate to the people who do. In another thread I read from someone who stated they have a problem with gossip. Gossip is a sin of which I feel little or no temptation. I find it difficult to understand how one can be tempted to gossip. I suppose we all have our greatest temptations. For many men lust is a perpetual temptation of which they have little or no relief. I understand, therefore have much sympathy. For the people out there who think this is easily overcome, think again.

[quote=Mijoy2]This is a case where people who do not have a problem with this sort of temptation (often women), simply can’t relate to the people who do. In another thread I read from someone who stated they have a problem with gossip. Gossip is a sin of which I feel little or no temptation. I find it difficult to understand how one can be tempted to gossip. I suppose we all have our greatest temptations. For many men lust is a perpetual temptation of which they have little or no relief. I understand, therefore have much sympathy. For the people out there who think this is easily overcome, think again.
[/quote]

Amen. Well said.

[quote=Mijoy2]This might explain why (I have calculated) I have run approximately 1/2 way around the world over the past 20 years.

[/quote]

:rotfl:

[quote=John666]:confused: I don’t know what happen to the masturbation topic but if anyone knows how I can access it please let me know.

[/quote]

It appears this was deleted. Which I can’t understand why. It was a question on explaining why mastubation is a mortal sin -the same category of sin as murder- to someone who is not Catholic. That would be apologetics wouldn’t it? There was at least one person in the thread who stated this as a reason they would not be Catholic, because it seems ridiculous to them.

Considering the term mastubation was in the subject title those who didn’t want to read it could easily skip the whole thread. If you can’t stand that much how can you even read an examination of conscience listing or the Catechism?

Marcia

[quote=Mijoy2]This is a case where people who do not have a problem with this sort of temptation (often women), simply can’t relate to the people who do. In another thread I read from someone who stated they have a problem with gossip. Gossip is a sin of which I feel little or no temptation. I find it difficult to understand how one can be tempted to gossip. I suppose we all have our greatest temptations. For many men lust is a perpetual temptation of which they have little or no relief. I understand, therefore have much sympathy. For the people out there who think this is easily overcome, think again.
[/quote]

Jesus never said overcoming sin, or bearing our cross would be easy. Look what He went through.

What’s this about people confessing this particular sin? :bounce:

I thought it was like original sin for males of at least 15 years; there are none without this sin except Jesus. :whistle:

As for me, in my mid-40s and having been through a bout of severe depression, I’m more like: :sleep:

Alan

hello.

I do not know why masterbation is a sin. is it beacuse of the loss of sperm or is it just giving into tempation? And dont u think it’s better than a teenager going out and being temptated with the opposite sex?

[quote=Mijoy2]This might explain why (I have calculated) I have run approximately 1/2 way around the world over the past 20 years.

[/quote]

:rotfl:

[quote=nolai]hello.

I do not know why masterbation is a sin. is it beacuse of the loss of sperm or is it just giving into tempation? And dont u think it’s better than a teenager going out and being temptated with the opposite sex?
[/quote]

No, its about using sex for something other than God intended it for, which is procreation and marital unity.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.