The Most Profound Eucharistic Experience

I thought I would share this profound experience with you.

On Friday, May 9, 2014, I went to morning Mass. There were two other people there with me who are parishioners. At the moment of the starting of Consecration, I saw a light on the paton (I think that is the right term). When the priest raised the consecrated host from the paton to mid-air, there was a light in the perfect shape of a disc. eminenting from the center of the larger host. This light followed the host from the paton and came to rest in the center of the Host It was as thought a smaller host had been placed in the center of the larger host, except it was of light. The rest of the host did not have any light, it was just the color of a host.

Now the host was in father’s hand and in mid air. There was nothing in front of it or in back of it to cause a reflection, let a lone an absolute perfectly round sphere of bright beautiful light with absolutely no distortion. As I scientifically looked at this, there was nothing to have caused this naturally.

When Mass was over, I ask the other two people twice if they saw the beautiful light coming from the center of the host. They said that they did not. All three of us were looking straight at the host. The one lady looked at me and said, “this was for your eyes only” The strange thing too is normally at the consecration, I bow forward and do not look up at the Host, but this morning I was inclined to look at the host.

This has had a profound effect on me, I can’t even explain how, but I am definitely changed. There is a calm and peace, but much more. I am going to talk to my spiritual director about this.l I am still pretty shook. It was just such a profound and awesome experience.

Each time we look at The Most Blessed Sacrament our place in Heaven is raised forever (revealed by Our Lord to St. Gertrude the Great).
brizek.com/prayer/pieta.htm

Thank you for sharing this with us, I had a similar experience 25 years ago while visiting my sister. As I looked at the Host Father was holding up, it looked like the sun was shining threw it. It was awesome but I thought it might have been from the sun shining thew the little window above. I was there for morning Mass many times and I never saw it again. But it was so beautiful I wish I had a picture of it, but it’s still there in my mind. God Bless, Memaw

Thank you for sharing! It really helps with our faith!When I read it I said awesome!God Bless!

Thank you for sharing that special gift you were given.

This seems a special grace for you. Be sure to give thanks to God.

I had a similar experience, but it involved feeling immense heat radiating from the host like a focused beam on my forehead. At first I started looking for a heat source that could act in this manner. There was none, and I was seated my an entry way during a blistering snow storm. The only heat I felt was at a specific point on my forehead.

There was a change within my soul and psychologically. It was profound, yet gentle. I will never forget it.

You have indeed been blessed. Thanks for sharing.

You have indeed been blessed. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you all for sharing your stories with me. Yes, I thanked Jesus as soon as I received Him.

I cannot tell you, there are no words to express how I feel and how this has changed and effected me. I can say that it has certainly humbled me.

This was an experience where there is no normal explanation. It was no reflection because the three of us would have seen the same natural event and there was nothing for it to be reflected off of. There was absolutely no distortion of the image.
This is an experience that will be with me the rest of my life.

How beautiful! Thank you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.