The Mr Bean Thread

Well, The Curse of Mr. Bean:

Do you think Bean ever goes after those boys who caused him to fall from the diving board?

Likewise, I wish i could be a fly on the wall when the parents of the little girl in the yellow swimsuit realise that she’s got a pair of men’s swim trunks with her as well as her snorkel.

I wonder if the women’s swimming class that Bean flashes are traumatised for long?

I have a family photo from that era taken at my local swimming centre of the beginners swimmers class and EVERY ONE of the small girls is wearing some variation of the swimsuit the little girl in The Curse of Mr Bean wore.

And of course even if eighties culture and fashion hadn’t “hung over” into the early nineties, since there was no year zero, 1990 is part of the previous decade.

Mr. Bean thwarted by a kindergartner:

I occasionally think about what fictional characters do after the story is over, and how their lives might continue. However, one can overthink such things, particularly in the area of slapstick where IRL such antics would often result in arrest, injury or death.

I mean, in one Mr Bean outing he literally headbutts the Queen. Tell me that wouldn’t have serious consequences.

1 Like

Mr. Bean humor isn’t for everyone, but I think it’s funny.

Mr. Bean painting his apartment.

Or with a turkey stuck on his head.

Or singing in church.

Or on vacation and locking himself out of his room.

2 Likes

I’m definitely a fan of Mr. Bean. I can’t add much to the thread except to say, if someone’s reading this thread and doesn’t know who Mr. Bean is, give the show a try!

2 Likes

Who doesn’t like Mr. Bean? Nobody I’d want to associate with, I can assure you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I LOVE the Bean! British humor at its finest…not classiest but finest!

2 Likes

(mumble mumble mumble)
(mumble mumble mumble) Allelooya! Awlleloooya!
(mumble mumble mumble)
(mumble mumble mumble)

(mumble mumble mumble)
(mumble mumble mumble)
Aaalleluia aaahlleluia aawwlleloooooya…oooya…ooooyaaaaaa.!

3 Likes

We named our son Rowan partly because I just liked the name, partly in honor of Rowan Atkinson. I probably wouldn’t have known about the name if it weren’t for Rowan Atkinson.

2 Likes

I’m a definite fan! Here’s a full episode of Mr. Bean.

And don’t forget Blackadder!

1 Like
1 Like

I loved the “Mr. Bean” series!!! Years ago I used to love the “Avenger” series from BBC!

I am a fan of Mr. Bean also. He is funny.

As i said, I wonder if Bean ever retrieves his swim trunks that the little girl walks off with.

Hopefully her parents made the kid hand them into the swimming centre’s reception desk.

I always liked the maths test.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.