The Muslim Soul

Do you think God will have mercy of the Muslim souls (or others) who “dont know any better” or “have been brain washed and ill educated into thinking the wrong thing?”

My personal feelings are HE will forgive those who have been misled and have lived a good life of searching for the truth; but had /has had blocks in their way to find it .

Your Opinions are?

I’d have to fall back on the Church’s opinion of the “baptism of desire” and say that those who are sincere in their desire to serve God and follow His Will may be joined to the Church and may see Heaven.

I’m only guessing, of course; salvation is God’s gift to give to whomever He deems fit. I just hope to be one of them! :wink:

My favorite subject :slight_smile: Do they believe they have one? I will put that question to them?

Genesis 2;7 " The Lord God formed man out of the clay of the ground and blew ino his nostrils the breath of life, and so man became a living being."

The plan of Salvation is for all souls to go to heaven.
God forgives when one is repentant, so if they are repentant than they have a good chance as others and this leads to grace and salvation through faith and works.

Dessert

There is “that of God” in each of us…the Light Within shines in every heart.

Following are quotes from John Woolman and William Penn that reflect the beliefs of many Friends.

“There is a principle which is pure, placed in the human mind, which in different places and ages hath different names: it is, however, pure and proceeds from God. It is deep and inward, confined to no form of religion nor excluded from any, where the heart stands in perfect sincerity.” – John Woolman

“The humble, meek, merciful, just, pious, and devout souls are everywhere of one religion, and when death takes off the mask, they will know one another though the diverse liveries they wear here make them strangers.” – William Penn

All people stand in need of what the One Eternal Light has to offer…and only He can bestow…“His mercy endures forever.”

What you say here is a pretty good description of what the Catholic church teaches.

Can Christians define what constitutes a “good life” and WHO it is that determines what is good or bad?

God determines. And we each will face His judgement, and His alone, at death.

That can only be determined by God and HIS definition, I dont think any of ours matter; :thumbsup:

In that case, there is no difference at all between Christian and Muslim belief in this matter.

Muslims further believe that not even the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had the authority to determine what is morally good or bad.

Do Christians have a similar view with regard to the authority of the Church in deciding what is morally good or bad?

Let me see if I can express this accurately. God is the judge, and has ultimate authority. But God has revealed truth to humanity through, and appointed the teachers of the Church to express that to us.

Hi

I little tu quoke (sorry don’t remember the correct spelling of the word), please don’t mind.

Do you think God will have mercy of the Catholics souls (or others) who “don’t know any better” or “have been brain washed and have misconception into thinking the wrong thing?”

My personal feelings are HE will forgive those who have been misled and have lived a good life of searching for the truth; but had /has had blocks in their way to find it.

Your Opinions are?

It must be valid for anybody/everybody, only to interchange the word Muslims, with Catholics/Protestants etc, etc. You know all are Son of Man, humans.

Thanks

The ultimate truth about Jesus is that he died in Kashmir

In Romans 2 it says that the ‘law’ is written on their hearts. It’s an *instinct *of man to know murder is wrong

Hi

We Ahmadis- a peaceful faith in Islam, don’t murder with a Sword, but with peaceful and reasonable arguments.

What do you think about us.

Thanks

The ultimate truth about Jesus is that he died in Kashmir

You’re not muslim in the sense that the West uses it. You use “their” holy book, but you aren’t “them.”

Even in how you identify yourself, Paarsurrey, lacks the Muslim part. You identify yourself as an “Ahmadi” not as an “Ahmadi Muslim.” Unlike the Shia, and the Sunni, and some of the Sufi, and the Nation of Islam, who usually identify as “Muslim” and then qualify which flavor when asked.

You’re far from the mainstream, as far as, or farther than, even, the suicide bombers. Not as far as the Ba’hai, perhaps.

You Ahmadi are one of several glimmers of hope… amidst a large black cloud. Perhaps the Ahmadi may grow to be a beacon. Perhaps they will be martyred at the hands of their Muslim brothers.

And, if you are being truthful* in your statements about Ahmadis, and live up to that, I’m certain you will have a chance to accept Christ when you come before the Awesome Judgement Seat of Christ.

• I hate to word it this way, but the allowance to lie to non-muslims makes me doubt just about every muslim or psuedo-muslim in any forum.

However, just like main-stream Islam you’ll find a disctinct abhorrence to answering questions.

Paarsurrey isn’t quite as intractable as the mainstream muslims seem to be…

Close, but not quite.

God appointed the teachers of the Church??!

I can only believe this when I see the official ‘letter of appointment’ from God.

The Qur’an is indeed this ‘letter’ and the ultimate proof of the Prophet-hood of Muhammad (pbuh).

Do any of these “teachers of the Church” have a similar ‘letter of appointment’ from God?

You believe Muhammed was chosen by your god. Where’s his letter of appointment?

If you accept this, then one can just as easily say that the Bible is such a letter.

:thumbsup:

Does the Bible say that gay marriages are permissible?

And in the case of straight sex, does the Bible permit fornication?

Does the Bible outlaw polygamy?

These are just some of the things that are being taught by the “teachers of the Church” to the masses today.

So then, where is their ‘letter of appointment’ from God that enables them to promulgate these new teachings?

No. Jesus talks about man and wife.

Does the Koran forbid temporary marriages?

Obviously you think that the Hadith are completely useless and no Moslem ever refers to them because the Koran is all sufficient.:wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.