the Muslim view of heaven

Hi :slight_smile:

could someone please explain to me the Muslim view of heaven? what do they believe about it, what is it like, and how do we get there?

(i’m just curious)

This is from a totally “ignorant of Muslim beliefs” person, but I was told once that their idea of heaven is to have many women at their beck and call in paradise.

I myself took that to mean they think there is sex in heaven and they can have all they want of it. But I’m sure if that is the case, there is much more to it than just that.

But then again, I also may have misunderstood, which is quite common with me. :blush::shrug:

So I too, am interested in a Muslim perspective of heaven or paradise.

Snert

that is what I’ve heard too! but i’m not sure so i thought i’d ask…

If this is really what Islam teaches… then I have two questions… one, so what is there for women there? :rolleyes: and two, isn’t that a bit… (sorry to use this word) carnal?? :o

I love what the Church teaches about Heaven… how it’s being immersed in pure, perfect Love, forever and ever. Seeing God, seeing Jesus, Mary… that is beautiful. If Heaven was just an extension of earth, I don’t know how much I’d be looking forward to it…

just my 100% honest opinion lol.

we believe that there are many levels of Paradise depending on how righteous a person is on Earth.
The bounties and beauty of Heaven are immense, so much so that it is beyond abilities of mankind’s worldly mind to comprehend.

However, Allah, in his Mercy, has given us descriptions of what Heaven is like as an incentive for us to strive to please Him and earn His ultimate reward – which is a place in Heaven.

Once a Muslim reaches Paradise, he will not want to be anywhere else and he will live there for eternity

there will be an abundance of wealth and beauty in Paradise. Allah says in the Quran, Surah Al Kahf, verse 31: “For them will be Gardens of eternity; beneath them rivers will flow; they will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of fine silk and heavy brocade. They will recline therein on raised thrones. How good [is] the recompense! How beautiful a couch [is there] to recline on!”

what bounties of Paradise cannot be comprehended when compared to worldly riches. Allah has told us many things about Paradise, but in a narration in Saheeh Muslim, the Prophet said:
**“Never mind what Allah has told you; what He has not told you is even greater.” **

i’m not sure if this is the answer you want but i made it brief , feel wellcome if you have further questions :slight_smile:

In Heaven according to Islam, everyone will be completely happy and have all their wishes fulfilled. They will have robes, mansions, feasts, servants, and beautiful music. Men will have hundreds of virgins and women will have hundreds of young boys to have sex with, and the carnal pleasure will be greater than anything on Earth. There will be rivers of milk and of honey, low trees with lots of fruit to eat, wonderful gardens and oasises, and cool winds. Heaven is of different sections, and the closer the sections are to God, the greater the pleasures therein. Everyone will praise God and worship Him. Everyone will have knowledge of secrets and of the Universe. And everyone will be in their prime.

for your questions about sex and virgins in paradise , i thought that i have to give you further description for paradise which muslims knows

i don’t know how many post can it take from me to give you the islamic knowledge about paradise !

The Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, told us that the lowest in rank among the dwellers of Paradise will have ten times the like of this world and he or she will have whatever he or she desires and ten times like it. Also, the Prophet Muhammad said: “A space in Paradise equivalent to the size of a foot would be better than the world and what is in it. He also said: “In Paradise there are things which no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no human mind has thought of. He also said: “The most miserable man in the world of those meant for Paradise will be dipped once in Paradise. Then he will be asked, ‘Son of Adam, did you ever face any misery? Did you ever experience any hardship?’ So he will say, ‘No, by God, O Lord! I never faced any misery, and I never experienced any hardship.

If you enter Paradise, you will live a very happy life without sickness, pain, sadness, or death; God will be pleased with you; and you will live there forever.

please visit this article for more details and to know every thing in islam about paradise :slight_smile:
geocities.com/mutmainaa1/belief/paradise_description.html

by the way every word from this article is whether from quran or words of our prophet , it’s really amzing article which consist from twi pages , i hope you will like it

peace

facepalm I forgot my references! :frowning:

I will fix that now :slight_smile:

Qu’ran

[18.107] Surely (as for) those who believe and do good deeds, their place of entertainment shall be the gardens of paradise,
[18.108] Abiding therein; they shall not desire removal from them.

[67.3] Who created the seven heavens one above another; you see no incongruity in the creation of the Beneficent God; then look again, can you see any disorder?

[9.72] Allah has promised to the believing men and the believing women gardens, beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them, and goodly dwellings in gardens of perpetual abode; and best of all is Allah’s goodly pleasure; that is the grand achievement.

[47.15] A parable of the garden which those guarding (against evil) are promised: Therein are rivers of water that does not alter, and rivers of milk the taste whereof does not change, and rivers of drink delicious to those who drink, and rivers of honey clarified and for them therein are all fruits and protection from their Lord. (Are these) like those who abide in the fire and who are made to drink boiling water so it rends their bowels asunder.

Hadith

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Qais Al-Ashari: The Prophet said, “A tent (in Paradise) is like a hollow pearl which is thirty miles in height and on every corner of the tent the believer will have a family that cannot be seen by the others.” (Narrated Abu Imran in another narration, “(The tent is) sixty miles (in height)”)

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle said, "The first group (of people) who will enter Paradise will be (glittering) like the moon when it is full. They will not spit or blow their noses or relieve nature, and their sweat will smell like musk… Their utensils will be of gold and their combs of gold and silver; in their centers the aloe wood will be used, and their sweat will smell like musk.

Everyone of them will have two wives; each of whom will be so beautiful, pure and transparent tha the marrow of the bones of the wives’ legs will be seen through the flesh out of excessive beauty.

They ( i.e. the people of Paradise) will neither have differences nor hatred amongst themselves; their hearts will be as if one heart and they will be glorifying Allah in the morning and in the evening."

azlul Maulana-- Al Hadis, Book 4, Chap. 42, no. 34, Ali reported that the Apostle of Allah said: ‘There is in Paradise a market, wherein there will be no buying or selling, but will consist of men and women. When a man will desire a beauty, he will have intercourse with them.’ Attested Tirmizi.

thanks! :slight_smile: that helps. I’m very ignorant of Muslim teachings, sorry!! :frowning:

well I was wondering - and this is just out of curiosity, I’m not trying to get into a debate :wink: but do you also have a concept of forgiveness of sin? So if a person is really righteous but still has sins, what happens then? Does this person need to be repentant of them?

oki thanks Eucharisted… interesting… so (this is a question for everyone) do the people there get to experience God’s presence too? or do all the ‘pleasures’ correspond to those on earth (only greater)?

thanks :slight_smile: I see some similarities here, we also believe that life in Heaven lasts forever, and there is no death or sickness etc. I’ll check out the article!

thanks for the references

oki so Muslims do believe there is marriage and sex in paradise/heaven?

Yes, but most either don’t know it or don’t believe it. But it’s right there in their own hadiths.

By the way, that last hadith I quotes is actually modeled on how sex slavery was performed during Mohammed’s time. So Islam teaches there will be sex slavery in Heaven.

For anyone who is really, really, REALLY interested in finding out what we can expect in Paradise according to the teachings of Islam, then I would suggest that they listen to this 1-hour lecture by Tawfique Choudury of which the 1st of 7 segments is as follows:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpbQyQLViNo

Arab sex slavery: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_slavery#Arab_slave_trade

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 799:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa’d:

**The Prophet said, “Whoever guarantees me (the chastity of) what is between his legs (i.e. his private parts), and what is between his jaws (i.e., his tongue), I guarantee him Paradise.” **

Too bad mohamad didn’t follow his own advice by keeping “chaste” … et al…

Note to readers: I, the poster did **not **put anything in parenthesis via the (i.e.,'s)

:rolleyes: Notice they don’t say islamic slave trade but arab. What you dont know is that muslims from arabia/middle east only account for 15-20% or so of the entire muslim population. So therefore your link is invalid and pointless.

Yes he did. Muhammed (pbuh) was loyal to his wives and was known (even by his enemies) as being the most truthful.

wasalam

actually if you had decided to go further, you would have got a small section of islam and slavery from that link but you decided not to. Why? Dunno actually :).

Main article: Islam and slavery

It must be noted here that the conquests of the Arab armies and the expansion of the Islamic state that followed have always resulted in the capture of war prisoners who were subsequently set free or turned into slaves or Raqeeq (رقيق) and servants rather than taken as prisoners as was the Islamic tradition in wars. Once taken as slaves, they had to be dealt with in accordance with the Islamic law which was the law of the Islamic state, especially during the Umayyad and Abbasid eras. According to that law, slaves are allowed to earn their living if they opted for that, otherwise it is the owner’s (master) duty to provide for that. They also can’t be forced to earn money for their masters unless with an agreement between the slave and the master. This concept is called “مخارجة” in the Islamic jurisprudence. If the slave agrees to that and he would like the money s/he earns to be counted toward his/her emancipation then this has to be written in the form of a contract between the slave and the master. This is called “مكاتبة” (mukatabah) in the Islamic jurisprudence. Muslims believe that slave owners in Islam are strongly encouraged to perform “mukatabah” with their slaves as directed by Qur’an

And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you. 24:33

The framework of Islamic civilisation was a well-developed network of towns and oasis trading centres with the market (souk, bazaar) at its heart. These towns were inter-connected by a system of roads crossing semi-arid regions or deserts. The routes were travelled by convoys, and black slaves formed part of this caravan traffic.

[edit] Arabic views on black people

The Qur’an, the Islamic prophet Muhammad, and the overwhelming majority of Islamic jurists and theologians, all stated that humankind has a single origin and rejected the idea of certain ethnic groups being superior to others.[45] According to the hadiths, the prophet Muhammad declared:

"There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab and for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for the white over the black nor for black over the white except in piety."[46]

wasalam

it was the first time for me hearing this hadeeth , so that i searched about it but unfortunatly i didn’t find it in any islamic sites
i have to ask you if you have islamic reference for your hadeeth in the internet ?

as for the qustion is forwarded to muslims in the first place , so it will be fair to represent the view of muslims not the view of unislamic sites about islam

The Muslim is concerned mostly with forgiveness, which he can obtain through doing good works. It is recorded in the Hadith (traditional sayings attributed to the prophet Muhammad) that the prophet Muhammad once said the Mua’thIbn Jabal, “If you do an evil deed, do also beside it a good deed, and it will be blotted out.”

On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:
Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.”

To receive forgiveness from God there are three requirements:
Recognizing the offense itself and its admission before God.
Making a commitment not to repeat the offense.
Asking for forgiveness from God.

If the offense was committed against another human being, or against society, a fourth condition is added:
Recognizing the offense before those against whom offense was committed and before God.
Committing oneself not to repeat the offense.
Doing whatever needs to be done to rectify the offense (within reason) and asking pardon of the offended party.
Asking God for forgiveness.

after all , you have to know that on the Judgment Day God will judge each individual with a set of just balances. Each person’s fate will be decided when his good deeds are weighed on the balances against his bad deeds (bad deeds which was forgiven not counted )

thanks for the reply Elwill.

you are most wellcome :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.