Your donation helps provide answers and spread the gospel. GIVE NOW! Matching gift doubles your donation.

The Myth of Muslim 72 Virgins

:slight_smile: Can someone explain to me, how God could possibly agree to defiling the holiest place of all (heaven), by turning it into a common whorehouse in order to reward murderers of His sheep?
:confused:

** In the name of Allah , the Most Gracious , Ever Merciful **

Salaam/ Peace

Who told you that God created Heaven for murderers ? :confused:

Allah fools millions of men into martyrdom for 72 grapes not virgins.

:confused: Now I’m confused. How did you ever interpret your response, from my thread??? :confused:

:slight_smile: Where did the grapes come from? I thought that muslim ‘jihad’ suicide bombers were promised 72 virgins. :slight_smile:

Q. - Let´s come to the misunderstandings. One of the most glaring errors you cite is that of the virgins promised, in the Islamic paradise, to the suicide bombers.

A. - “We begin from the term ´huri,´ for which the Arabic commentators could not find any meaning other than those heavenly virgins. But if one keeps in mind the derivations from Syro-Aramaic, that expression indicated ´white grapes,´ which is one of the symbolic elements of the Christian paradise, recalled in the Last Supper of Jesus. There´s another Koranic expression, falsely interpreted as ´the children´ or ´the youths´ of paradise: in Aramaic: it designates the fruit of the vine, which in the Koran is compared to pearls. As for the symbols of paradise, these interpretive errors are probably connected to the male monopoly in Koranic commentary and interpretation.”

You can read more about it here:
The Virgins and the Grapes: the Christian Origins of the Koran

:slight_smile: Wow!!! I wonder if the ‘jihad’ suicide bombers are aware of all of this. And here they thought that they were going to have eternal sexual fun with 72 virgins. (LOL) :slight_smile:

The mind of the brainwashed is like one who abuses Crystal Meth or LSD. I doubt they put in any serious thought about it. They are high on their religion.

Yes my friend,indeed they know about this gospel(!) of 72 grapes and rivers of wine(you saw?both are haram in the world according to Islamic teaching),so they kill people consciously and want the mercy of allah,and Allah’s reward will be very good.So think about 72 grapes.So who can compare virgins with grapes,then indeed the person(allah or mohammed) is a fan of erotic fantasy:D .grape=virgin=grape.

Well if that book is true, than Islam has a few centuries worth of not understanding the Qu’ran. But I hope more research is done on the scripture, by both Muslims and non-Muslims, for a fuller understanding of Mohammed and of Islam. :slight_smile:

Why would there be sex in heaven? Sex is needed to procreate and to build a connection between man and wife. Neither of these are needed in heaven

:slight_smile: This is exactly my point. The scriptures tell us, that there is no marriage in heaven. There will cease to be any further reproduction. We will be judged, and from this judgement, the rewards and penalties will be applied for eternity. We will no longer be as we are now. We will have new ‘bodies’, and all sin (including sexual desires) will be eliminated, with the eternal damnation of satan and his followers. :slight_smile:

The Yemeni authorities put a stop to it when it was discovered that the Qu’ran is an evolving text - that the Yemeni manuscript (aka Sana’a manuscript) showed evidence of tampering an even earlier scribbling of holey texts and then washed off, erased and re-written over replacing the earlier texts.

[

More than 15,000 sheets of the Yemeni Qur’ans have been flattened, cleaned, treated, sorted, and assembled. They await further examination in Yemen’s House of Manuscripts. Yet that is something Islamic authorities seem unwilling to allow. Puin suggests, “They want to keep this thing low-profile, as we do, although for different reasons.”

](“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sana’a_manuscripts#Puin.27s_comments_and_conclusions”)

His claim that the Koran has changed since its supposed standardisation, and that pre-Islamic texts have crept in, would nonetheless be regarded as highly blasphemous by Muslims. He has not yet written a book on his radical findings, but says it is “a goal to achieve” in the near future.
Dr Tarif Khalidi, lecturer in Islamic Studies at Cambridge University, warns that the book may generate a controversy similar to Satanic Verses. “If Dr Puin’s views are taken up and trumpeted in the media, and if you don’t have many Muslims being rational about it, then all hell may break loose.” Khalidi fears Muslims will not accept Puin’s work on the Sa’na manuscripts as having been done with academic objectivity, but see it as a deliberate “attack on the integrity of the Koranic text”.

It has long been known that variant copies of the Koran exist, including some found in 1972 in a paper grave at Sa’na in Yemen, the subject of a cover story in the January 1999 Atlantic Monthly. Before the Yemeni authorities shut the door to Western scholars, two German academics, Gerhard R Puin and H C Graf von Bothmer, made 35,000 microfilm copies, which remain at the University of the Saarland. Many scholars believe that the German archive, which includes photocopies of manuscripts as old as 700 AD, will provide more evidence of variation in the Koran.

The history of the archive reads like an Islamic version of the Da Vinci Code. It is not clear why its existence was occulted for sixty years, or why it has come to light now, or when scholars will have free access to it. Higgins’ account begins,On the night of April 24, 1944, British air force bombers hammered a former Jesuit college here housing the Bavarian Academy of Science. The 16th-century building crumpled in the inferno. Among the treasures lost, later lamented Anton Spitaler, an Arabic scholar at the academy, was a unique photo archive of ancient manuscripts of the Koran.

The 450 rolls of film had been assembled before the war for a bold venture: a study of the evolution of the Koran, the text Muslims view as the verbatim transcript of God’s word. The wartime destruction made the project “outright impossible”, Mr Spitaler wrote in the 1970s.

Mr Spitaler was lying. The cache of photos survived, and he was sitting on it all along. The truth is only now dribbling out to scholars - and a Koran research project buried for more than 60 years has risen from the grave. Why Spitaler concealed the archive is unknown, but Koranic critics who challenge the received Muslim account suspect his motives. Higgins reports, “The whole period after 1945 was poisoned by the Nazis,” says Gunter Luling, a scholar who was drummed out of his university in the 1970s after he put forward heterodox theories about the Koran’s origins. His doctoral thesis argued that the Koran was lifted in part from Christian hymns. Blackballed by Spitaler, Luling lost his teaching job and launched a fruitless six-year court battle to be reinstated. Feuding over the Koran, he says, “ruined my life”.

He wrote books and articles at home, funded by his wife, who took a job in a pharmacy. Asked by a French journal to write a paper on German Arabists, Luling went to Berlin to examine wartime records. Germany’s prominent postwar Arabic scholars, he says, “were all connected to the Nazis”.

Why were the Nazis so eager to suppress Koranic criticism? Most likely, the answer lies in their alliance with Islamist leaders, who shared their hatred of the Jews and also sought leverage against the British in the Middle East. The most recent of many books on this subject, Matthias Kuntzel’s Jihad and Jew-Hatred, was reviewed January 13 in the New York Times by Jeffrey Goldberg, who reportsKuntzel makes a bold and consequential argument: the dissemination of European models of anti-Semitism among Muslims was not haphazard, but an actual project of the Nazi Party, meant to turn Muslims against Jews and Zionism. He says that in the years before World War II, two Muslim leaders in particular willingly and knowingly carried Nazi ideology directly to the Muslim masses. They were Haj Amin al-Husseini, the mufti of Jerusalem, and the Egyptian proto-Islamist Hassan al-Banna, the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood. I
atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/JA15Ak03.html

Too bad nobody in this thread has any clue what they’re talking about.

Totally agree.

Sorry, guys, but you are wrong.

My post is 100% accurate. There is no need for sex in heaven because the two reasons it exists on earth are not present.

Now, I did not actually comment on the virgins thing, so you cannot charge me with that one

I wonder if any Muslims will weight in on the grape findings and on the Syro-Aramaic Qu’ran research? It would make an interesting debate. :slight_smile:

The Wikipedia has an article on the Houri: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

Amy,
My sister in humanity. I humbly and sincerely doubt that one can learn about God from a distorted view of His Word given by a marauder and pillager who coalesced the jealousy of a people to believe in something convenient to them, but was not the truth.

So, actually, your statement would apply to people who don’t know who God is. God is reality. If you think for instance that God is not Triune, then you don’t know what God has revealed. If you’re out of touch with God, you’re out of touch with reality. If you’re out of touch with reality, then we speak of one’s nearness to insanity. One who is insane would not know what they talk about. Please go back and truly learn with an openness to the truth, and you will develop a deep sense of gratitude, along with credibility and better touch with the reality of Who God Is.

Considering all these are true teachings of Islam, I can only say how much it contradicts Christianity. We view heaven as the dwelling place of God where all creations long to be. Being in heaven means in the eternal presence of God where we do not need anything else especially the worldly pleasure that we need on earth. The reason is two folds, one our bodies/souls have been perfected that they don’t have any needs at all; two, the pleasure of being in God’s presence surpasses all other things that we can ever imagine.

Islamic teaching and belief is that their bodies still require all that they require on earth thus putting the presence of God and the perfected bodies with no significance. So they will expect to have in heaven what each individual desires most on earth.

The differences in the two teachings also reflects the way that Christianity and Islam view God respectively. It can be said that it is Christianity and not Islam that considers God to be above all other things

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.