The nature of Christ's Kingodom

I like some help better understanding the Kingdom of God (past, present, and future) I posted here to avoid an anti-Catholic debate about millenarianism.

I’ve been reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church lately and I’ve been learning alot. Some of the things I’ve found so far is that We Catholics believe that:

the Kingdom of heaven was inaugrated on earth by Christ. (CCC 567) and Christ the Lord already reigns through the Church, but all the things of this world are not yet subjected to Him. (CCC 680) and At the end of time, the Kingdom of God will come in its fullness. (CCC1060)

So, can you help me by providing your coments, other CCC quotes, Church documents, and online articles.

Thank You,

Ryan :slight_smile:

If you read that same section of the catechism of the Catholic Church, note the footnotes. They will provide references for additional information on this subject.
Deacon Ed B

catholicdoors.com/homilies/kingdom.htm

Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed, nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."
Luke 17:20-21

Thank you Deacon Ed B! Reading the different cross references inspired me to start this thread. You may have noticed that jumping around in the CCC can be a bit confusing. I thought we could come together at this thread and help one another find a more complete picture of the Kingdom of God.

Peace,

Thank you very much PNEUMA! That is the most concise and informative article I’ve ever read about the Kingdom. I just bookmarked it. I know I’m going to be relying heavily on this article now and in the future. Thanks again and

Peace,

Ryan
I use the Catechism of the Catholic Church extensively along with the Bible whenever I teach family catechesis. I would be lost without it. In the words of Francis Cardinal Arinze, "Read it, eat it, digest it."
i don’t know if I do just that, but I try to come as close as I can.
Deacon Ed B

Would you agree the Lord is saying that HE IS is the Kingdom? And by being a part of His mystical body we enter into the Kingdom?

Peace,

I haven’t read the entire CCC yet, but I have certainly found it to be very helpful in my reversion to the faith. I’ve also heard a few talks by Father Corapi, where he explains the CCC, on Relevent Radio. relevantradio.com/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=534&srcid=-2

I’m going to buy His complete audio series on the CCC one of these days. (its kind of pricey though) relevantradio.com/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.aspx?&pid=534&srcid=-2

Peace,

Fr Corapi is on every Mon - Fri on Catholic radio from 9 AM to 10 AM. I listen to him as often as I can. I just wish I had the gift of speaking that he does. I too plan to get his series on the CCC.
Deacon Ed B

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.