The New Dating Game

The Weekly Standard isn’t something I subscribe to, but they have an excellent and fascinating article on the modern dating scene called The New Dating Game.

It makes for very sobering reading.

Fascinating and quite factual read. Of course the described traits are distributed so the depiction of the typical man or woman is of course not EVERY man or woman.

Other than the “evolutionary psychology” claptrap, an interesting article.

I always felt that the GK Chesterton line said it best about the feminist sexual revolution: “The reformer is usually right about what is wrong, but is always wrong about what it right.”

In this case, feminists rightly noticed that men were allowed to rut like animals and not receive any social reprimand for it. But instead of redoubling efforts to demand that men nehave like civilized human beings, they demanded that women ought to be able to act like animals whenever desired too. And here we are today.

Some interesting stuff here.

“Welcome to the New Paleolithic, where tens of thousands of years of human mating practices have swirled into oblivion like shampoo down the shower drain, and Cro-Magnons once again drag women by the hair into their caves—and the women love every minute of it.”

And this:
“The decision to halt the advance of the New Paleolithic ultimately lies with women, the mate-choosing sex, just as it lay with women to bring the hypergamous sexual revolution into being. What are the chances of that?”

. . .

“I don’t think [the female sexual free-for-all] has been good for women, but it’s what they’ve chosen. And it’s always hard for women to see beyond the personal level.”

American women seem to have a tendency to lose their minds a little until they hit their late 20’s, realize that they’re not going to marry the random men they bring home from bars, and get their lives together in order to get married and have kids.

Other than the precise ages, how is that different from American men? If anything, it too often takes guys even longer to get their priorities straight. Too many never do!

As the article notes, “beta” men are the hardest hit by this phenomenon. Lots of women go out and whore around for several years figuring that they’ll be able to find a dependable guy when they’re ready. Beta males may or may not have any better moral fiber than said women, but simply don’t have the ability to exploit/abuse their sexuality to nearly the same extent.

SLAP! Get yourself toGETHER man! Listen to yourself: Waah, Waah. Poor me, I can’t go jump the hot girls… So what!? Why want one of those? Here’s some old helpful/amusing lyrics:

Chorus:
If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

Chorus

A pretty woman makes her husband look small,
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her, then she starts,
To do the things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You’ll be happy for the rest of your life.
An ugly woman cooks meals all the time,
She’ll always give you peace of mind.

Chorus

Don’t let your friends say you have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway.
Her face is ugly, her eyes don’t match.
Take it from me, she’s a better catch …

OK, the song is over the top (but catchy!). But there’s a message inside. Why would a ‘beta male’ go after Jenny McCarthy in the first place? Ditch the Cosmo/Playboy definition of beauty and go date some REAL women instead. They’re more beautiful than you think. You think ‘beta girls’ got it any easier?

Your condescension is useless and unwarranted. And yes, of course beta women can more easily exploit their sexuality. Desperate men will sleep with virtually any willing woman.

Ditch the Cosmo/Playboy definition of beauty and go date some REAL women instead.

The “real women” are chasing alphas too. They also often dump their beta husbands for other men. Remember, most divorce is initiated by women.

[Roisy’s] post for the last D-Day anniversary, titled “Then and Now,” consisted of two photographs demonstrating women’s changing perception of what constituted an alpha male: a tough and battle-weary GI circa 1944 who looked as though he had just scaled the cliffs of the Pointe du Hoc and a particularly epicene-looking Mystery from his VH1 show, “peacocking” with eyeliner, soul patch, and goggles on top of his head

It really sounds as if the new alpha male just might be a closet homosexual. I wonder how all this ties into the wussification of the American male. :hmmm:

Nah, not gay. They dress like that because the chicks dig it.

A related development in college demographics from the NY Times:

The New Math on Campus

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.