The New Testament with commentary by the Church Fathers

Hello,

A couple of months ago I received a brochure in the mail about a new book containing the New Testament that had commentary by the early Church Fathers. Unfortunately, I threw it away thinking that I would not be interested. I am very interested now. Would anyone know about this and where I may purchase this New Testament and commentary?

Thanks,

eam

[quote=eam]Hello,

A couple of months ago I received a brochure in the mail about a new book containing the New Testament that had commentary by the early Church Fathers. Unfortunately, I threw it away thinking that I would not be interested. I am very interested now. Would anyone know about this and where I may purchase this New Testament and commentary?

Thanks,

eam
[/quote]

Does sound good. I’d be interested too.

I found what I was looking for. If anyone else is interested the link appears below. Has anyone else heard of this or know anything about it?

ivpress.gospelcom.net/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/review/code=1470

Thanks,

eam

I’d be interested in it, if only to see what quotes of the Fathers make the cut. Judging by the approval of the reviewers, I would imagine the quotations are quite selective. Would a Protestant really endorse a bible where the Catholic view of baptism is ringingly endorsed? Doubtful…

Great. And it’s only $560. :rolleyes:

[quote=mercygate]Great. And it’s only $560. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I know. A bit of a bummer. Anyone have coupons or know when it will be on half-price sale?

[quote=eam]I found what I was looking for. If anyone else is interested the link appears below. Has anyone else heard of this or know anything about it?

ivpress.gospelcom.net/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/review/code=1470

Thanks,

eam
[/quote]

What’s wrong with the Commentary on the Gospels (Catena Aurea), a compilation of commentary drawn from the Church Fathers by St. Thomas Aquinas? It’s a superb collection and an exact reprint of the 1842 edition is available in 4 volumes (in 7 tomes). I got mine from pcpbooks.com/ for $75.00. Of course, it covers only the Four Gospels.

It’s sold by Ignatius Press and is the same thing as the Catena Aurea. The only difference is that the edition by Ignatius has a Scripture Index.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.