The New York Times Wrong Again

This is pathetic and IMHO NYT’s propaganda:

Whatever is happening in the U.S. shadow war in Pakistan it is clear that this photo gets it all wrong.

What is identified as the “remains of a missile” is quite clearly an artillery shell. Here’s a 155mm round for comparison.
http://www.technion.ac.il/~orenh/proweb/shell.jpg

The warheads of missiles do not typically survive impact. Some tail pieces might. Also notice how the old man and young boy are featured in the shot. Accidental or are they implicated targets?

Bad, bad deal all around.

reason.com/hitandrun/2006/01/the_new_york_ti.shtml#012266

This is what the likely missiles looked like:

nellis.af.mil/gallery/PublicAffairs/images/UAV-Hellfire-Missile2.jpg

**The New York Times Wrong **

So what is new. That’s like:
Dog Bites Man

I notice the five others peering out from behind the shell. I would like to have seen how this shot was set up!

(Reminds me of the Life photographer in the old days who used to carry a fake cockroach with him when doing inner-city assignments; in case the subject residence didn’t seem sufficiently depressing, the fake cockroach could be pinned to the wall in plain view.)

[quote=gilliam]This is pathetic and IMHO NYT’s propaganda:

The warheads of missiles do not typically survive impact. Some tail pieces might. Also notice how the old man and young boy are featured in the shot. Accidental or are they implicated targets?
[/quote]

Gilliam, I’m surprised. Don’t you know they’re Al Qaeda - trained to fake civilian deaths and trained to lie about American bombs killing innocent people?

[quote=gnjsdad]Gilliam, I’m surprised. Don’t you know they’re Al Qaeda - trained to fake civilian deaths and trained to lie about American bombs killing innocent people?
[/quote]

The NY Times should know better.

I do not think it should be:
The New York Times Wrong Again
it should be
The New York Times Still Wrong
PF

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.