The newest religion: Dantism

So three of my online atheist friends created a new religion: Dantism. They said Dantism is the fulfillment of religion. Their beliefs, as far as I know, are these:

• The only absolute truth is that God absolutely dosen’t exist
  • There are no dogmas, no doctrines, and no new revelations
  • Miracles are the work of Nature, though as of yet unexplained
  • The Universe has neither a beginning or an end
  • To be happy, just be yourself
  • Do good for goodness’ sake
  • Every Friday is a day off from work

You should send them this information.

thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/Gospel%20of%20perfect%20life%20-%20Holy%2012.pdf

It’s solid testimony that Christ is real.

Not too sure about that.

One of my friends claims to be a frisbiterian … when you die, your soul goes up on the roof. [That’s what HE said, not me.]

Anyway, he now has cancer, so we’ll see if his irreverence holds.

Every friday is a day off work?

That is your anecdotal experience with athiests?

:rolleyes::eek:

I think there is a prayer forum here for christians to pray for intentions of those they care about.

:slight_smile:

So, dogmatically, there are no dogmas?
It’s their doctrine to have no doctrines?
They have newly revealed that there are no new revelations?

“Good for goodness’ sake?” What is the source of this “goodness” non-dogma, non-doctrine, non-revelation?

Anyway, I can’t believe that these people are serious, so neither are my questions. I do like the every-Friday-off part, though.

I agree that is not valid. I believe I have a dogma to not believe certian things unless I can be certian of them. So, I have a dogma myself.

It’s their doctrine to have no doctrines?

All that would mean is they are not teaching anyone anything, but from the way this sounds it appears they are.:frowning:

They have newly revealed that there are no new revelations?

I have a mixed reaction to that. Even you believe revelation was closed. Well, kind of.

“Good for goodness’ sake?” What is the source of this “goodness” non-dogma, non-doctrine, non-revelation?

The golden rule.

Anyway, I can’t believe that these people are serious, so neither are my questions. I do like the every-Friday-off part, though.

Another reason to discount this group of online friends he/she has.
What do they mean by this?

Cool. :slight_smile: I’m more into the Flying Spaghetti Monster, though. :o Ramen.

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Is parmesan heterodox or orthodox? I have asked, and not gotten any answers to that!:slight_smile:

Ask them to define “God” first, before negating its existence.

**So who asked you? **

Why must you butt in to every thread on this entire forum? Don’t you have anything better to do than continuously try to call attention to yourself?

Get a life. Go to Mass–and while you’re at it, learn to shut up.

Ah, I see his noodle has touched your heart. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

It’s Tradition!

His noodly goodness needs no parmesian! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ironically Yours. :heart:

:tsktsk: Srlucado, this was quite rude and unnecessary and will not get someone to go to Mass.

I don’t know what religion you are, but if it’s Christian, consider the words of Christ, Mathew Chapter 7, especially Mathew 7:12:

Do to others whatever you would have them do to you.
ref: Mathew Chpt 7

If you’re agnostic, well, consider the Golden Rule:

“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

:thumbsup:

So which sect do you belong to: Ramen Catholic or Eastern Orzodox?

First and foremost, there’s no such thing. :dts: I’m what people call a “Spagnostic”. :yup:

I think Muslims worship on fridays. Does that have anything to do with the atheists not working on fridays?

Read this person’s posts, and see if you still think it was so uncalled for. I don’t feel any particular compulsion to be nice to trolls. (Yeah, that’s a fault of mine, but to be honest, pretty low on my list of faults to fix.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.