The Number of The beast...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Clouds_&_Silver_Linings#Track_listing

Please Visit that Url above, it is a an excellently produced album recently released by the epic progressive metal/rock band Dream Theater, go to track listing and look at the tracks that were included in the album, there are 6(six) songs in each of the 3(three) CDs, lyrically, the songs in CD # 1 are cool and almost Religious, ^^ ~Shattered Fortress~ even sounds like it is written in a form of a prayer for love and discipline etc. The song ~The Best of Times~ is written as though remembering someone, ~The Count of Tuscany~ is kind of written as though Mr. John Petrucci, lead guitarist of DT-Dream Theater, misunderstood a kind offer for a ride around Tuscany, and took it as though his life was in danger or something, in an interview, Mr. Mike Portnoy, Drummer of DT, said that this album mostly deals with dark subjects: Death, near-death experiences, to say the least, try looking for the lyrics of the songs and you’ll know what am talking about. ^^

But, after hours of listening to these songs, I remembered the number of the Beast, 666, if I am not mistaken, and if we look at how the songs were arranged in each of the 3 CDs, it has 6 songs/CD, and the album has 3 CDs, this has to mean something right? But it doesn’t necessarily mean that Dream Theater, and their listeners/fans, are marked by the number of the beast as said somewhere in Revelations right? I mean Dream Theater, for the Most part have written songs that depicts incidents such as: Struggling againgst drug addiction, about deceitful people, confidence in someone’s abilities etc. so this might be just me over-thinking stuff again, or it might just be coincidence? But there are no coincidences, proven enough to make this 6 song/CD, 3 CD album’s track listing “just a coincidence”, is there?,…

I may not be the biggest, nor a big fan of Dream Theater, but I love them, personally, musically, lyrically and biographically. They are the greatest band in the universe for me, ^^ music is subjective, so let me have this one, I really really love their songs, their songs are all that is in my playlist now, I find it a waste to listen to other music on T.V, on purpose, I love church songs, but most of Dream Theater songs touches my soul in a way that Church songs doesn’t. ^^

GOD LOVES YOU>

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.