The OT and the 2nd Coming of Jesus?

Where can I find in the OT that tells us about the 2nd coming of Jesus?

The answer is very little. The OT prophecy was primarily concerned with the advent and product of his incarnation. Dispensational churches have tended to take those 1st advent prophecies and placed them into the 2nd, even in prophecies where 1 verse is cited in the NT as being fulfilled.

Here is one that I know of.

Hosea 13:14.

This is connected with the bodily resurrection.

The wonderful thing about the Sacred Scripture is its completeness.

Although many OT prophecies at the time were lamentations and pleas for God to come to earth and put an end to the miseries of his people, centuries later, they took on the undeniable context of the incarnation…and again centuries later they can be read in an eschatological context and be prophecies of the second coming.

And, this is what Advent is all about! Not merely a preparation for Christmas, but also a preparation of the second coming through penance.

We need to spread the joy of this wonderful liturgical season, and restore it to its true meaning!

Peace and all Good!

that was beautiful, thank you.

I see you are now “banned” johnsteinson.

Sorry to see that.

But I assume you will keep reading (I’ll attempt to add another post to this thread on Isaiah 7:14 tomorrow too for your behalf) even if you cannot keep posting.

The “OT and the 2nd Coming of Jesus” is seen in a multitude of places. I won’t go into detail as you won’t be able to see them yet anyway but keep praying and searching and you will. Add in some fasting and alms-giving to this as well.

I’ll keep praying for you (and you pray for me too OK).

Listen to the words of Jesus to the Disciples on the Road to Emmaus . . . .

LUKE 24:13, 25-27 13 That very day two of them were going to a village named Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem, . . . . 25 And he said to them, “O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

And notice what these Jewish people (all the original Christians were Jewish) DIDN’T say:

They DIDN’T say: “Well we can’t see that Jesus. We don’t see you in these Scriptures.”

They had an explanation (from Jesus first hand), and they had grace. Grace builds upon nature johnsteinson.

If Jesus is the Messiah (and He is), and He fits the “bill” for the Second Coming (and He does), and you WANT this grace . . . ask God when you worship Him tonight to give this grace to you but ALSO to help you be faithful to the revelation you have been given lest a “worse result befall you”.

JOHN 5:14 14 Afterward, Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, “See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse befall you.”

God bless johnsteinson.

Cathoholic

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.