The parable of the good Samaritan: Why didn't they travel together?

I don’t think you can generalize to ‘all atheists’ or ‘all Catholics’.
I have friends who are atheists and anti-religion. They are nice people. They don’t hassle me and I don’t hassle them. We don’t discuss religion when we hang out. I understand why they are atheist. I don’t feel that God would exclude them from being saved.
There are other atheists and other believers who I think are real pieces of work and have to pray for patience just to be around, mostly because they never stop harping on their judgmental views.

This is about individuals, not about whether someone calls himself Christian, Muslim or atheist. Is there an atheist out there somewhere who’s a better person than me? Sure, probably, it’s a big world.

Not all priests in the story would act the same.
Not all Levites in the story would act the same.
Not all Samaritans in the story would act the same.

How do the Catholics treat those with SSA?

Great reply, THANKS

Upon reflection I [me here] still think it is still true.

On the OLD CAf [I have over 13,000 POST] I dealt with this criticism several times.

I’m always a BIT [just a bit:grinning:] surprised at it…

Dear FRIEND, this is a CATHOLIC Forum, and TRUTH CAN BE NOTHING ELSE but singular per defined issue; we Catholics have a grave moral obligation to SHARE that singular truth per defined issue.

That we consistently disagree with Protestant philosophy and theological POSTED positions ought to be expected and not taken as “Protestant bashing.” THAT certainly is NOT our intent.

Here my FRIEND are a few points to prayerfully pondrer

Pope BENEDICT XVI

“If we omit the truth, what do we do anything for?”

“Their cannot be your truth and my truth or there would be no truth”

FATHER HARDON, one f the most esteemed theologians of the 20th Century} taught this about TRUTH:

“Truth is the condition of grace, it is the source of grace, it is the channel of grace, it is the divinely ordained requirement of grace.” ….Father was a friend and occasional mentor of mine.

Ps.145 Verses 17 to 18 “
[17] The LORD is just in all his ways, and kind in all his doings. [18] The LORD is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in [HIS] truth.

Dictionary Definition of “Truth”

1. The true or actual state of a matter:
    conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement
  2. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like mathematical truths.
  3. the state or character of being true.
  4. actuality or actual existence.
  5. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
  6. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
  7. (often initial capital letter) ideal or fundamental reality apart from and
    transcending perceived experience:
  8. agreement with a standard or original.
    9… accuracy, as of position or adjustment.
  9. Archaic. Fidelity or constancy. End quotes

Know please that it actually would be a sin [and COULD even be a Mortal sin conditionally] for us NOT to correct, not to share GOD’S Truths fully.

God Bless you and guide your path
Patrick

The tables also seem like they’re misreporting the data. They don’t seem to line up with the U.S. data on the CARA page…

Correlation does not imply causation; even moreso, co-occurrence does not imply correlation. These instances of the occurrence of “four” in the Bible are not correlated. They just happen to be different things that count to four. :man_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.