The Passion or Narnia?

Which do you think is the more moving depiction of the curcifixion of Jesus, The Passion of the Christ or The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe?

I would have said The Passion, hands down, but we were watching The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe last night and the scene of Aslan on the stone table broght me and my kids to tears.

My judgement may be clouded by having three young kids now, but what do you think?

the Passion of the Christ is the only one of the choices that actually is a dramatization of those events, so the other movie does not even qualify, it is a fictional allegory.

I’d agree to an extent with Annie. Perhaps because I am now a nonchild, I cannot feel for a fictional animal in the same way as I can for a human characterization of our LORD.

God Bless and ICXC NIKA

I couldn't even bring myself to look during much of The Passion. I have not even been able to bring myself to watch the DVD of it sitting on my shelf. Too intense and too true for me. And I know my sins caused it....

The Passion moves me more. I cried a bit during the movie. Mel Gibson did a good job with it.

I saw Passion 3 1/2 times and was emotionally overcome each time. And, for me, that's saying a lot.

I haven't seen the Narnia movie in a long time, but I didn't like it at all. I've watched the Passion twice and I just sob throughout the entire film.

No contest - The Passion of the Christ.

Watching a human being suffer was more personal than an animal.

The Passion, so much so that I've only seen it once.

Hey, I cried when Vegeta died, okay? The Passion dang near killed me.

Greetings to those posting and or reading this thread,

Hands down the Passion of the Christ. NO contest here as some have already said.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Definitely The Passion because it really happened and shows what Jesus went through for us

[quote="Hastrman, post:9, topic:257983"]
The Passion, so much so that I've only seen it once.

Hey, I cried when Vegeta died, okay? The Passion dang near killed me.

[/quote]

Which death of Vegeta are you talking about?

BTW: I cried when Krillin died.

I'd say the Passion, but I found Narnia very moving also. I also think that Narnia could be a good way to introduce kids to Christianity. :)

Greetings Monica4316,

It is. That is why the Chronicles of Narnia are written as they are written. They are quite appealing to kids. Read the Introduction to the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe that C.S. Lewis writes to Lucy.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.