The Pope Is Selling His Harley

The Pope Is Selling His Harley. Yep, He’s Got a Harley
Pope to Auction Harley Davidson Motorcycle to Benefit Homeless

The pope signed the gas tank of the bike “Francesco,” the Italian form of his papal name. The motorcycle will be auctioned by Bonhams on Feb. 6. Proceeds of the auction will go to Caritas Roma, a Catholic charity, which plans to use the money to restore a soup kitchen and shelter, according to the auction house.

Did anyone else here know he had a Harley?

The Harley Davidson Motor Co. presented two of its motorcycles and a biker jacket to Pope Francis in June, when Rome hosted the 110th anniversary celebration of the iconic American motorcycle. On June 16, the Pope blessed about 800 bikers and their rides in St. Peter’s Square.

Read more: ncregister.com/daily-news/pope-to-auction-harley-davidson-motorcycle-to-benefit-homeless/#ixzz2qRfwU4Zj

Nope. But now I do!

He’s fantastic. What a marvelous example he’s setting. :slight_smile:

If he was presented with 2 bikes and auctioning 1 then maybe the other he uses!:thumbsup:

Deleted…

before he sells it, I need him to do his best impression of Fonzie. You know…sit on the motorcycle and hold his thumbs in the air and say “Aaaaaaaa!” :wink:

I remember that story back in June. I was wondering what the Pope would do with a Harley. Now I know. :slight_smile:

I am actually surprised that he has a Harley (that is his to give away) because he is a Jesuit. But I see he was just presented with 2 bikes in June. I wonder, what is happening with the other bike. Perhaps it is getting used, since motorcycles get excellent gas millage and in cities like Rome would be very useful. (Perhaps not by him, but maybe an aid who has to run around town and pick stuff up).

I reckon he is sneaking out at night with his biker friends having a burger on the quiet at a roadside burger van!

Or gathering at Sturgis with his biker brethren and having a brew with his ancient adversaries, the Hell’s Angels.

I need a picture of Pope Francis in a white leather jacket that says - on the back - “Heaven’s Angels.”

The Pope had a Harley?

It’s so pretty. Black, bronze and chrome. My favorite colors!

It is a pretty good looking bike. I just hate how loud they are.

At least he gets to keep one eh?

I prefer the look of softails, but it is still a very nice-looking bike!

Awesome. He needs at least a few pics of him on the bike before they sell it.

They could take a picture of him, frame it, and auction that off as well. I’d not have much use for a motorcycle, but a one-of-a-kind photo of the pope I’d consider bidding on. :slight_smile:

There are many biker ministry groups out there with some pretty cool names! I knew a biker who was affiliated with one called the Revelators. :slight_smile:

God Bless him. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.