The power of your prayers

Hello CAF

I wanted to share with you the power of all of your prayers. From the moment I made the decision to not have an abortion - my heart was filled with love, joy, and excitement. It was almost like a light switch was turned on - which was all love.

Even my husband told me this morning - that when I came home yesterday from mass and told him that I couldn’t do it - that I brought love with me. I have never heard my husband say anything more beautiful.

Today is a new day - a day filled with happiness and joy. Although I wasn’t exactly as prepared as I would have liked to be…I know that God will provide. I know that this child will be a blessing beyond our understanding. God works in ways that we do not always understand - but by us saying yes to his plan I know that he will provide us with the grace and blessing we need.

Thank you all so much for your support and love. I am grateful beyond words. Your continued prayers and support mean so much to us.

My heart filled with joy reading your post. May God continue to bless you and your growing family.

Prayers will be continued.

And, congratulations on your baby! :slight_smile:
I’m excited for you…

What an adorable ticker!

I’m so happy for you!

We love you!

God bless you, Pat and the new life you’re carrying. This is a very happy day.

Pat’s wife, the other day I read your first thread and didn’t reply because I simply didn’t know what to say. I was thinking and praying for you though and I am so overjoyed to come here today and see that you have had a change of heart. You know what? You’ve just said ‘yes’ to accepting the greatest gift anyone could ever have the privilege to receive. You’ve given your fears and anxiety to God and have unselfishly put yourself aside so that your baby has a chance at life. That makes you a hero . :thumbsup:

Please know you have my continued prayers and thoughts throughout your pregnancy. CONGRATULATIONS, you ARE a MOM! Welcome. :):hug1::signofcross::gopray2:

Father we thank you for your marvellous gift;
you have allowed us to share in your divine parenthood.
During this time of waiting,
we ask you to protect and nurture
these first mysterious stirrings of life.
May our child come safely into the light of the world
and to the new birth of baptism.

Mother of God,
we entrust our child to your loving heart.

Amen.

+**
:gopray2:
[size=]God’s**[/size]
sweetest blessings to you
and your’s dear child

God
loves you all
so very much!
+

The wonderful Sacred Scripture promise below is yours . . . *and all of ours *. . . just for the claiming as God’s beloved children . . . treasure it and . . . believe God . . .

"Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me
all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the
house of the Lord forever."

Psalm 23:6
:bible1:
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . blessed Holy Mother Mary+
. . . please pray for us+

. . . thank you dear Holy Mother+
. . . St. Michael the Archangel please+
keep guard over these souls+
. . . thank you St. Michael+
. . . thank You Blessed Lord Jesus+[/RIGHT]

Years ago a minister friend of mine told me that I should break up with my girlfriend (now my wife) because I wasn’t prepared to deal with an “unwanted” and “unplanned” child (she was a single teenage mother at the time I met her). I told him that, even though our son wasn’t planned, nobody plans on winning the lottery, either. And to be honest, I’ve never met a first-time parent who was as prepared as they’d hoped they’d be. I hope and pray that your parenthood brings you as much joy as it’s brought my wife and I over the years.

:hug3::grouphug: We are still praying for you guys in our home and will keep you in our prayers.

Wow, I can really feel the love and grace flowing out of your post! I am so delighted with this, God will truly bless you and your child. What a wonderful and brave decision. So pleased that the Holy Spirit is upon you.

Awesome, awesome, awesome! God is good! I was happy to read your post this morning. The power of prayer is mighty. I love your ticker. This will truly be a special baby. Keep in touch with all of us at CAF.

Your post just brought me to tears!
You are going to be a very blessed Mommy! :slight_smile:

Amen!! :smiley:

PatsWife, God bless you and your family abundantly. Your post brought happy tears to my eyes.

Feel free to join the Pregnant Mumseys thread if you want to. :hug1: :hug1: :hug1: :hug1:I’ve found it to be a great support, even in the little things of pregnancy. :smiley:

God Bless you and your husband. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. :D:D

I will continue praying. LOVE your new ticker!

O Lord my Savior and my Master, with fear and trembling I, your unprofitable servant, give thanks to you for all your benefits and loving goodness which you have poured so abundantly upon me. I fall down in adoration before you and offer you, O God, my praises; with fervor I cry to you: O God, deliver me from all adversities and mercifully fulfill in me such of my desires as may be expedient for me. Hear me, I entreat you, and have mercy, for you are the Hope of all the ends of the earth, and to you, with the Father, and the Holy Spirit, be ascribed glory, now and ever, and to ages of ages. Amen.

I praise you, O God of our Fathers, I bless you, I give thanks to you for your great and tender mercy. To you I flee, O merciful and mighty God. Shine into my heart with the True Sun of your righteousness. Enlighten my mind and keep all my senses that I may walk uprightly and keep your commandments, and may finally attain to eternal life, even to you, who are the source of life, and be admitted to the glorious fruition of your inaccessible Light. For you are my God, and to you, O Father, Son and Holy Spirit, be ascribed glory, now and ever and to ages of ages. Amen.

Yes yes! Please join us in Pregnant Mumseys!! It is also nice to be able to ask all the other ‘been there, done that’ moms any questions you might think are ‘too silly’ for the doctor or whatever. Very comforting!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.