The Pre-Eminence of St. Peter

Read the 50 New Testament Proofs that show that Jesus chose St.Peter as the first Pope. ( By Dave Armstrong)

catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=81

That is good stuff. I saved it on my computer for future use.

Cool stuff! :thumbsup: Thanks!

[quote=Sirach14]Read the 50 New Testament Proofs…
[/quote]

All very circumstantial. This verse seems definitive:
Also a dispute arose among them as to which of them was considered to be greatest. Jesus answered them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authorty over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves.” - Luke 22: 24-26

Also a dispute arose among them as to which of them was considered to be greatest. Jesus answered them, “The kings of the Gentiles** lord it over them**; and those who exercise authorty over them call themselves Benefactors. But you are not to be like that. Instead,** the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves**.” - Luke 22: 24-26

If you bold different words, it makes more sense…

Read the Pope’s first homily, and you will see how this is fulfilled in the Catholic Church.

Oh, and are you making a “biblical case against authority”? I would love to discuss that…

God Bless,
RyanL

From that time on, Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer greatly from the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised. (Mt. 16:21).

Note that once Jesus has picked a successor, only then does he set his mind on Jerusalem to die. In other words, he couldn’t prepare to die until he’d picked an adequate successor.

It should also be noted that the name given to the “prime minister”, the man who rules the kingdom while the king is away, is translated from Hebrew as “Father”. I’m not sure, but I think the word was “Asberath”, but I’ll check.

NotWorthy

Nice. Thanks alot.

Good Job Dave Armstrong, and thanks to you for sharing it with us all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.