The President, Mayor and King

I was reading and came across an inspiring thought, I changed it up for relevance to our times but I put the original below it, let me know what you think.

If a President, were to come visit you personally, would you not accept and even feel honored? If a Mayor was to invite you personally over for dinner, would it not be a great privilege and honor for you?

How much more has our Father done for us in the Blessed Sacrament by coming down and waiting for us on the alter? How ungrateful are we who continuously pass Him by without stopping in for a visit, even for a quick minute? Without even a thought we continuously pass Jesus by while He waits for us, He wants nothing more than to see us, be with us and have us visit Him. Surely He must be lonely as He is abandoned more often than not. Will you go visit Him today?

“If, to show his love for him, a king were to go and live in a village of a poor shepherd, how ungrateful would that shepherd not be if he did not often go to visit him in spite of the fact that he knew the king was most anxious to see him frequently, and, indeed that it was for this very purpose he had come to live there at all.”
-Visits to the Blessed Sacrament and the Blessed Virgin Mary, St Alphonsus Liguori pg 53

Shame on me for ignoring my King! All the times I could have gone to visit and didn’t! Now, I wish I could go and can’t… Don’t let this happen to YOU! Love your King and visit him while you can…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.