The Princess Bride Turns 20!

**INCONCEIVABLE!! The Princess Bride turns 20. What are your favorite parts?

One of mine:**

Vizzini: I can’t compete with you physically, and you’re no match for my brains.
Westley: You’re that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Westley: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Very simple:

Inigo: ‘Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya - you killed my father, prepare to die’ …

repeated about two dozen times with an increasing sense of confidence and increased loudness :slight_smile:

*But when Westley said *“As you wish,” *what he really meant was *“I Love You”

the dread pirate tee

Here’s more funny quotes from the movie than you could shake a stick at!

That’s my favorite too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Are there rocks ahead?
If there are, we’ll all be dead!

It’s possible, pig.

I’m not a witch; I’m your wife!

etc. :thumbsup:

Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

You keep using that word… I do not think it means what you think it means.

“No more rhymes now, I mean it!”
“Anybody gotta peanut?”

“It’s a prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition!”

I love it in the end when he doesn’t kill him. I thought he would and I was sure and I wanted him killed as much as anything. I could taste it, but he let’s him live with what he has done and let’s justice pay the deed for him.:thumbsup:
Dessert

He’s only mostly dead. :smiley:

Yeah his spirit is crushed, but Westley triumphs and sees that killing Humperdink would be bad and not bring him the revenge that he always was wanting .
The miracle Max scene is good too when he blows breath into Westley:)

is it on tonite?

anybody read the actual book?

westley to inigo:

*hmm…that does put on a damper on our relationship. *

As much as I enjoyed the movie, I have trouble squaring with the fact that he was indeed a pirate and the way it is described, it implies that he was killing inoocent people. Anyone know something I don’t?

Vizzini: A word, my lady. We are but poor, lost circus performers. Is there a village nearby?

actually the story is really all about football. buttercup is the trophy, the four horsemen are from notre dame. the rous’s are a rival football team. westly is a symbol for a beloved notre dame football coach who died. the one they call the gipper.

its a story to teach girls how to understand football.

errr…ok. Anyone else?

true bluff

you actually have to read the book. because its really not a true love story

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.