The pro-life movement ignores the black community at its peril: jailed black pastor

**The pro-life movement ignores the black community at its peril: jailed black pastor **

lifesitenews.com/news/the-pro-life-movement-ignores-the-black-community-at-its-peril-jailed-black?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=e1954585ed-LifeSiteNews_com_US_Headlines_06_19_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0caba610ac-e1954585ed-326231002

Excerpt:

Abortion is the number one cause of death in the African American community,” she said. “We lose over half a million lives in our community to abortion every year. If you combine cancer, heart disease, AIDS, diabetes, and any kind of violent crime, add them all up together, they don’t come even close to the lives we lose to abortion."
“It’s a holocaust in our community,” he said,

The latest abortion numbers from the CDC, released just days ago, have only served to emphasize her point, showing that while the abortion rate among whites fell between 2007 and 2010, the rate jumped three percent among blacks, and eight percent for Hispanics.

During those three years nearly 36 percent of all abortions in the U.S. were performed on black children, even though blacks make up only 12.8 percent of the population. Another 21 percent of abortions were performed on Hispanics, and an additional seven percent on other minority races.

So wht do you think? How can pro-lifers more effectively reach out to black and hispanic communities?

The pro-life community knows these numbers all too well.
And all the efforts have paid off. Support from the black community for the most pro-abortion president of all time has now dropped to an astonishing low of only 93%.

This doesn’t answer the question.

They passed an ordinance to keep him from sidewalk counseling?

Isn’t that racist by progressive standards? :rolleyes:

Given the overwhelming support of the black community for the most pro-abortion president in history, I would have to conclude that the black community doesn’t really care much about the issue of abortion. Contrary to what the “jailed black pastor” is saying, I think the black community ignores the pro-life movement at its own peril.

Ishii

That may be true. So how do we reach out to the black communities, as prolifers, to help them to understand the perils of abortion?

Pro lifers have been reaching out from the beginning, maybe folks should start reaching in.

In Illinois the so called “gay marriage law” passed. I thought this would not happen because between the conservatives and the black caucus of State representatives there was no way the vote could pass. Through threats of non support by the Democratic party they were able to 'persuade" caucus members to vote against their constituents.

CDC report found that 81.9% of abortions in New York City were Black or Hispanic. I do not think the pro life community is ignoring the Black community, although pro lifers can always probably do more to reach out, unfortunately I think a large part of the Black community is ignoring or not taking notice of the pro life movement and of the extraordinary abortion rate in the Black community. It is tragic. One way to target liberal abortion laws is to elect pro life legislators and the Black community, by and large, do not vote for pro life legislators becuse the majority of the time they are Republican.

Black Pro-Life Organizations

CDC report found that 81.9% of abortions in New York City were Black or Hispanic. I do not think the pro life community is ignoring the Black community, although pro lifers can always probably do more to reach out, unfortunately I think a large part of the Black community is ignoring or not taking notice of the pro life movement and of the extraordinary abortion rate in the Black community. It is tragic. One way to target liberal abortion laws is to elect pro life legislators and the Black community, by and large, do not vote for pro life legislators becuse the majority of the time they are Republican.

Black Pro-Life Organizations:eek:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:frowning:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:mad:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:blush:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:mad:::confused:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:mad::frowning:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:eek::frowning:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:eek::blush:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:cool:

Black Pro-Life Organizations:(e

Black Pro-Life Organizations:(es

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.