The Prophesy of the Return of Israel

Hi everyone. I was just thinking about the prophecy of the return of Israel. Is this prophecy speaking of the new Israel as being the Church or is it speaking of a literal new nation of Israel? :confused: Sorry, I don’t know the specific passage in which the prophecy is located.

The Church is the New Israel.

These are some interresting videos on this subject.

salvationisfromthejews.com/video.html

Ezekiel 36 and 37 is a good start.

Oh ok, so the new nation of Israel is not a fulfillment of prophecy? :shrug::confused:

Thank you for the videos but unfortunately I cannot view them as I am on dial up and it would be too slow. I might view them on Monday at the library though so long as the library has not blocked that site like they do YouTube and others that don’t deserve to be blocked. :rolleyes::mad:

Thank you Lev23. :thumbsup:

No it is not, nor has there ever been any Biblical evidence to support the creation of the state of Israel in 1948 to a fulfullment of prophecy of any kind.
As for Ezekiel, I would suggest you start at chapter 35, or perhaps even 34 to get the whole context. This is what Jesus was referring to in John 3 to Nicodemus. God is speaking of a spiritual Israel, and a quick reading reveals such. That spiritual Israel is the Church. The Church has said amen to that for 2000 years.
The burden of proof is on the “prophecy experts (their word not mine)” who come along 2000 years later and tell us we’ve been wrong all this time. The creation of a state called Israel 60 years ago proves nothing.
The Bible is not a crystal ball, and is dangerous to use it as such.

Like I said, Ezekiel 36 and 37 are a clear reference to this. This prophecy is not in reference to the remnant that came back from the exile in Babylon after 70 years.

And those who like to point to todays secularity of the people and the government that runs the place in Israel, Ezekiel 36 and 37 makes it clear that the House of Israel profaned his name in all nations they were scattered, and none of them deserved what God was doing for them.

And not only that but all the nations of the world are to take notice of what God will do for Israel, and ultimately, all nations will know that God is Lord when he shows himself holy through Israel before the nations eyes.(Ezekiel 36:23)

The burden of proof is on you. For instance, take a look at **Ezekiel 34:23-30
I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd. I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the LORD have spoken.

" 'I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the land of wild beasts so that they may live in the desert and sleep in the forests in safety. I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the LORD, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them. They will no longer be plundered by the nations, nor will wild animals devour them. They will live in safety, and no one will make them afraid. I will provide for them a land renowned for its crops, and they will no longer be victims of famine in the land or bear the scorn of the nations. Then they will know that I, the LORD their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Sovereign LORD.**

Can you tell me was there ever a time from when the remnant returned from Babylon after 70 years to the time in 70 A.D. when they were finally dispersed from the land, that Israel has been safe from the yoke of gentile nations? And now with Jews coming back into a their land today and a nation of their own, they again are still struggling with nations set out to destroy them and take their land.

This statement was undoubtedly what the Apostles were going up against when they were proving to the people about Jesus’ Messiahship from the scriptures.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.