The Queenship of Mary

Today (August 22) marks the Queenship of Mary, a memorial in which Mary is honored as Queen of Heaven.

I really enjoy this day, for it really riles up Protestants who try to connect Mary our Queen with the pagan Queen of Heaven mentioned in Jeremiah. Of course, they are not the same.

Like I once told an Anti-Catholic, if Jesus is King of Kings, then that would make Mary the Queen Mother, right? It does, doesn’t it! I then added that this points out how any honor given to Mary stems from who her son is, rather than the other way around.

So everyone, have a great Queenship of Mary day! Take some time to meditate on this truth when you have a few moments, and give a bow of repect and honor (women can curtsy, if they are so inclined) to Our Lady on this sepcial day.

Thanks mozier! I certainly will. As Queen, Mary does not share Christ’s kingly power and authority; for she has none of the three titles to royalty which we have seen to be his prerogatives: that based on the hypostatic union, that which is his as Head of the Church, and that which he has won for himself as our unique Redeemer. But in subordination to Him, as Co-redemptrix and Mediatrix of the graces He chooses to bestow, she enjoys a regal authority over all his creatures. Moreover, through the medium of the beatific vision, the needs and petitions of each of her children are revealed to her, so that she has the full knowledge needful for her role as universal Mother.

Salve Regina!

Tomster

“If you knew how much I love you, you’d cry for joy.”
-Taken from the interviews of Visionaries of Medjugorje (which I know is not dogmatic as of yet).

Gosh, if that is the amount of love granted to us from our heavenly queen, can you imagine what the Beatific Vision will be like?

Immaculata, Queen and Mother of the Church, I renew
my consecration to you this day and for always, so that
you may use me for the coming of the Kingdom of Jesus
in the whole world. To this end I offer you all my prayers,
actions and sacrifices of this day.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have
recourse to you, and for all those who do not have
recourse to you, especially the enemies of the Church
and those recommended to you.

That deserves a Big [sign]AMEN!!![/sign]

If King Xerxes gave complete royal authority to Queen Esther, then how much more has Jesus Christ the King given to his mother?

Even the angels greeted Mary with a royal calling… Hail! (Lk 1:28)

See Esther (Greek) 8:8.

Wasn’t “Hail” an address one made to one’s superior? If that is so, what does that say about Gabriel and Mary?

Is today really Queen of Heaven Day?

Will there be any cakes?

Oh, Daisy? I hate to break it to you, but you missed it by 1 hour and 23 minutes (by my timezone).

Maybe next year.

Just the pigeons and turtle doves.

Times are tough.

Well, again, you just missed it. But don’t worry, as you pray your Rosary today, you can dwell on the fifth glorious mystery - Mary is crowned Queen of Heave. We pray the Glorious mysteries on Sunday, too!!!

Don’t fret, there’s always next year!!! :wink:

I don’t worship the queen of heaven. Because I read Jer44:17-22 and Jer7:18-20. The Word is pretty explicit on those practices.

Neither do I, nor any other Catholic.

I never thought my birthday was a special day until I found out that I share it with the Feast of the Queenship of Our Lady. :slight_smile:

Can’t have a discussion without snide and foolish remarks?

Do you worship a different queen of heaven?
Are there two?
If so which queen of heaven is the REAL queen?

Invalid question. I don’t worship the Queen of Heaven.

Are there two?

No

If so which queen of heaven is the REAL queen?

Moot. See above.

Jesus is the last in the line of Davidic Kings. The Kings of Judea always had a Queen. The Queen was not his wife, but his Mother. Some of the Kings had more than one wife, but the only one who became Queen became so on her son’s accession to the throne. Which Mary, Queen of Heaven do we venerate and honor? Why the Mother of Jesus Christ, the King of Kings. Who else? What a silly question.

Did Jesus ever refer to Mary as a queen?
Since Jesus knew of His fate and where He would end up on the throne, if Mary was to be refered to as a queen wouldn’t He address her as such while He was in His earthly body?
Luke 8:19-21
Jn2:4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.