The Real Music Observer considers September 10, 1991 to be the beginning of the end of the music industry as we knew it

I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement, since the display is of Nirvana’s Smells Like Teen Spirit, I just want to point out there’s much worse music than that. Regardless of what your taste in music is

1 Like

Well, adamhovey1988, do you think the American music scene has generally changed for the worse over the past 20 years or so?

Go back a decade earlier to August 1, 1981 when MTV first aired. Music has been on a downward slide since. Can’t write music, sing or play an instrument? That’s ok, just look good and dance around on stage. All style, no substance.

1 Like

“Music’s been going downhill since Buddy Holly died.”

American Grafitti

“The day the music died” – Don McLean, American Pie

On a personal level, what is popular in the U.S. has gone in a direction I often don’t enjoy. At the same time, there’s been no shortage of good music this year, and I still have many albums to catch up on with at least a few more left to release. Further, both Slipknot and Tool have reached the top of the charts in the last couple months, so there’s still clearly demand for stuff outside of pop, hip hop, and country.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.