The Real Pressence Challenge

Dear friends

Most have heard of various ‘challenges’ spread on the ubiquitous social media such as the ice bucket challenge etc.

How about a new one? The Real Presence Challenge.

It works like this: in the average lifespan there are 611, 520 hours taking the traditional three score years and ten. Sad to say but nowadays many people do not believe in God/ Jesus. Even many Catholics tragically do not believe in the Real Presence of Our Blessed Lord, Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in the Blessed Sacrament, the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.

Why not challenge someone you know to spend 1 hour, just one of those 611, 520 hours in front of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament? It could change their lives and yours in terms of the blessings and graces you will receive.

I am not aufe with social media and how to post such a thing and would be very, very grateful if any of my brothers and sisters in Christ could help or advise. The challenge would need to be attractively illustrated with perhaps a beautiful visual image of the Blessed Sacrament.

It seems fitting and opportune as this Year of Mercy draws to a close to put this challenge before our friends, neighbors, families and co-workers.

Let Jesus Himself tell them that He is alive and truly risen.

Would you dare to take up the challenge that could literally change your life? If so, spend just one hour before the Blessed Sacrament!

Let’s do it! In Jesus

spritus1

I love this idea … sadly there are not many churches that have adoration … I do, however, live within 5 miles of one that does … thank you Jesus.

Thank you Katherine

It is sad more churches don’t offer Eucharistic Adoration. It us up to we the faithful to ask our priests to make It available as the priests cannot do it on their own.

If each Church had just two or three to start the ball rolling then I am sure Our Lord would richly bless the work, as we know God grants the increase. In time, more and more people would join in.

Thinking in terms of evangelisation, too often we rely on our own ‘power’ and wonder why the ‘catch’ is so meagre. Yet all along the answer is staring us in the face. It is Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. One hour width Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament could accomplish more than countless hours listening to we Catholics trying to show people the truth. I’m not suggesting that we shouldn’t explain our faith when we can but we have an easy and 100 percent fail safe way at our disposal and we sadly do not use this enough. Encouraging people to be present before Truth Himself is the best way imo.

Such is the breadth and depth of the crisis in our times can only be solved by Jesus. Let’s help Him.

I try to challenge those who are questioning to do exactly this. I had no attraction to, or particular belief in the Real Presence until Father laid hands on me and prayed. After I got off the floor, something had changed. Me. I developed a love of the Eucharist. I spent more and more time before Him. Small miracles began to happen. Astounding. Spirit-shaking.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.