The Reformation: Satan’s fingerprints all over it

Then you must be spiritually blind and deaf!

Well, I for one am glad that you are on this forum, allischalmers.

Hopefully you will start some *seperate *threads on what you see is wrong with the Church.

We’d all love to discuss this with you. :slight_smile:

suck my nuts

im jewish, and ive been told that im the one responsible for killing jesus

suck my nuts you sons of a bitches

*******s

cocksucker

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

See, with all this bickering in these posts, which are off the topic of this thread, about what the bible teaches or what is true, makes my point.
Satan, the imitator, copied what God did at the tower of babel. Satan has confused our language of faith, so that Christians can no longer speak with one voice, be of the same mind and the same judgment.

But, again, God can use it. In the age of the Protestant Rebellion, there was still so much light around, that it wasn’t as clear to where the fullness resided. But the darker the world becomes spiritually, the more noticable are the greater lights. so then, when the world almost comes to an end in the coming minor chastisement, how much more will humanity, all of them (Catholic and non-Catholic alike), feel their desperate need for the FULLNESS of truth and the FULLNESS of the means of grace. In the time when the darkness is shown for what it is, how much more bright shall the Catholic light of truth and grace shine.

Consider also the marvelous typology and parallels between the Pharisees of Jesus’ time and the modern day evangelical fundametalists.

The Pharisees were self-righteous and just assumed that they pleased God. They didn’t perceive a neccesity for forgiveness, and they looked donw their nose at persons that were not Pharisees. They also assumed that people who suffer always do so because of their own sin.

Kind of like Fundamentalists, isn’t it? Fundamentalists, not absolutely, but in general, ASSUME that they have a ticket to heaven that they can’t lose. They also assume a “bad things happen to bad people and good things happen to good people” mentality. When one of their brethren suffers, they many times rebuke them and say maybe bad happens to you because you are a sinner. And let’s not forget their Rapture and Resurrection philosophy. They claim that if you really repent, your life will be blessed materialistically, and they assume that they will not have to suffer in the “tribulation” because they will be “raptured away”.

And this is a real big one: the Pharisees considered Christ and His followers BLASPHEMOUS in that they beleive that Christ was Divine. So Fundamenatlists consider Catholics blasphemous because of what they believe about the Mother of God. Hence, the Pharisess persecuted and blasphemed the NEW ADAM, so the Fundamentalists blaspheme and persecute the NEW EVE.

But St Paul, who was a pharisee, was knocked off his horse and converted, as the scales were removed from his eyes. There was a remarkable fulfillment of this in modern times. An Italian man named Bruno, who was at the very site of St. Paul’s martyrdom, himself a hardcore, Anti-Marian Fundamentalist, was on his way to murder the pope in 1950 on the day that he would declare the Assumption of Mary dogma. but in a grotto there, she appeared to Bruno and “removed the scales from his eyes” and showed him that she indeed was his Mother and that everything the Church taught about her was true.

So, then, will not the Fundamentalists be knocked off their horse, of self-righteous condemnation and hard-heartedness? Will not the Minor Chastisement manifest to the them that Christ has willed God’s Children to suffer so as to contribute, in and by Christ’s power, to the Redemption of humanity, and that many persons who suffer do so innocently and have the means to unite their sufferings with Christ and help Redeem others.

So then will not Our Lady say in the Minor Chastisement, “My Children, why do you persecute Me? Why do you grieve my Heart and My Children?”

And they shall ask, “Who are you?”

And She shall reply, “I am your MOTHER, whom you persecute!”

True, a Protestant who has learned the true essence of the Catholic faith and rejected it has rejected the Truth. One cannot assume this to be the state of all Protestants, however.

The passage I quoted from the CCC states that “All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ” and that " ‘many elements of sanctification and of truth’ are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church". It goes on to say that Christ “uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation”.

From these statements, one can (and should) extrapolate the following:

1. There are **invisible ** aspects of the Church that extend beyond the visible confines.

2. It is possible to be saved without being a member of the visible Church.

3. Christ is at work in non-Catholic faith communities.

4. Those who sincerely seek Christ in these faith communties can find Him.

Again, one who learns the fullness of the Truth and still rejects it may be in trouble, for “to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required” (Luke 12:48).

Peace,
Dante

I’m sorry for posting non relevant stuff above, I get carried away. Please forgive me. :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.