The Roman Church can be seen as an abberation

This post was taken from another thread where it was off topic.

Do you mean to say that Jesus did not intend for the Church to grow over the course of the centuries?

It seems that you premise is that, since the modern Roman Church does not look “anything” like the NT church, then the modern Church is an “abberation”. Do I understand you correctly?

I think I get it. Human cloning and test tube fertilization are immoral, but the Church is an abberation for speaking out against such moral crimes that are not in the Bible. :shrug:

guanophore . . .because I do value your insight . . . I want to help you jump start this thread. How about expanding your thoughts as to why you wanted to start a new topic.

Grow, as in expand? Yes, he intended that. Grow, as in changing things? No, he didn’t intend that.

It seems that you premise is that, since the modern Roman Church does not look “anything” like the NT church, then the modern Church is an “abberation”. Do I understand you correctly?

No – I didn’t say that the RCC looks nothing like the apostolic church. I simply said it has deviated from that in many ways. You say it’s justified. I say it’s an aberration of God’s truth.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.