The Roman Missal in homes

How many families have a Roman Missal in the home and read the readings every morning? Also, how many have ordered the new Missal?

the readings for Mass are not in the Missal but are in the LEctionary, which comes in four volumes and would be quite expensive for the average household. Daily readings can be found in monthly publications (Magnificat and others). The Missal is the priest's book of the prayers of the Mass. I don't know too many people who would have that. You perhaps are talking of personal hand Missals which many people do own. I haven't seen any pre-orders for these books yet but I am sure they will be available once the Roman MIssal is published in the fall.

I prefer to pray the Liturgy of the Hours, from my one-volume Christian Prayer. It is suitable for personal prayer and recitation in a group, with or without a minister to lead. The book cost me about $40, and covers the major hours. A full, four-volume set is also available.

I love the LOH. I bought the four volume set...the CP was more confusing to me.

Canada only JUST got the official announcement that our new missal was being into'd at Advent...our missals aren't ready yet!

[quote="Catholic41506, post:1, topic:234759"]
How many families have a Roman Missal in the home and read the readings every morning? Also, how many have ordered the new Missal?

[/quote]

although this may seem silly, but I get the daily readings sent to my Facebook page. It sort of makes a nice way to start the day.

[quote="vsedriver, post:6, topic:234759"]
although this may seem silly, but I get the daily readings sent to my Facebook page. It sort of makes a nice way to start the day.

[/quote]

That sounds like a good idea. How did you do that?

Great idea vsedriver; I would like to know how to do that too! Thank you!
:thumbsup:

I get the daily readings downloaded to my Ipod touch.

[quote="Corki, post:7, topic:234759"]
That sounds like a good idea. How did you do that?

[/quote]

I signed up for Catholic Online. Each day they have the daily readings and the saint of the day.
facebook.com/?ref=home#!/catholiconline

[quote="vsedriver, post:10, topic:234759"]
I signed up for Catholic Online. Each day they have the daily readings and the saint of the day.
facebook.com/?ref=home#!/catholiconline

[/quote]

I love all these responses about using the internet to keep your faith going! What a wonderful use of modern technology! I love it!!!!! :D

I listen to the daily readings on my drive to work every day...
usccb.org/nab/
Then click on "audio"... :D

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.