The Roman Missal

Does anyone know where I can download the Roman Missal and does it contain what a person needs to know about following all the gestures and etiquettes of Mass?

Here’s a nice one:

memorare.com/reform/tridentine.html

memorare.com/reform/tridentine2.html

A brand new Web site offers it in PDF format.

sanctamissa.org/EN/resources/missale-romanum-pdf.html

How current are these? Aren’t there revisions to the Roman Missal?

Are you looking for the Traditional Latin Mass or the New Mass? The links provided are good for the TLM.

I am actually looking for both

Thats not the 1962 Missal. I think its from the 1920s.

what year is the most current one?

The link of the pdf is the 1920 editio typica of Benedict XV with updated feasts upto around the early 1930’s I think. It doesn’t have some of the later saints of Pius XI like St. John Leonardi.

There was an editio typica in 1953 with minor adjustments, then came the changes of 1955/6 in Cum Nostra (new and simplified rubrics) and Maxima Redemptoris (revised Holy Week), then the new rubrics and slight calendar revisions of Bl. John XXIII in 1960/1, then the interim changes of 1964-1970. In 1969/70 came the revised Roman Missal of Paul VI which was followed by twp typical editions in 1975 and 2002.

Good point. I found this at the website: "We are working to provide a 1962 edition for your reference and study.
However, we are able to here provide this earlier edition now. "

The 1962 Missale Romanum(That links I gave you is of the 1962).

Thank you.

Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum gave provisions for the 1962 Missal of Blessed John XXIII specificaly. That was the Missal in use during Vatican II and the last edition published before the so-called “transitional Missals” of 1965-1969. Although some, like the ICRSS in Europe, will use the 1955 Missal of Pius XII.

You will also want:
memorare.com/reform/tridentine3.html
memorare.com/reform/tridentine4.html

As such, they didn’t have a new edition of the missal, but just went on altering the 1962 editio typica until 1969. Most of the Propers and the text of the Ordinary remained intact.

sanctamissa.org/EN/tutorial/ordo-missae-1.html
At the end of each section there is a link to the next one. This one seems to be the 62 Missal.

For the Latin of the 2002 third typical edition, see here

On his blog, Fr. Z discusses the importance of using the proper edition. His blog is the best one for keeping up with all this.

Read this post, for example.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.