In the second paragraph of the Hail Holy Queen it states prayerfully after meditating on the mysteries that we “may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise.”… What does that line mean, how does one imitate those mysteries and what is the promise?
“imitate what they contain”
This relates to what lessons the individual mysteries teach. So for example in the Annunciation, Mary is shown to be obedient to God’s will that she be Jesus’ mother.
“obtain what they promise”
This relates to our ultimate goal and that is our salvation. Everything that God has done is to try to get us to our final home , heaven. The mysteries show God’s love for us.
That’s not the second paragraph of the Hail Holy Queen. It’s the Prayer after the Rosary.
Maybe referring to the 15 promises of Our Lady for praying the rosary?
- To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and great graces.
- Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace.
- The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.
- The rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary will not perish.
- Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.
- Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed.
- I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to my Rosary.
- True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven.
- What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain.
- To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and in death, the entire celestial court.
- Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination.
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.