The Rosary: Weapon For Our Times

We are in an all-out war. Right now — this very second — there is a life and death battle raging all around us. The fact that many people don’t, or won’t, acknowledge it is just one tool of the enemy.

7 Likes

An article from Church Militant.
What could possibly go wrong?

3 Likes

Th saints don’t offer weapons but keys to the Kingdom. Weapons are for Holy Angels. We all are always, from Creation at our unfallen state, “a little less than angels”. We don’t do weapons, we do nurturing and resisting temptations. The fate of demons is not linked to ours unless we willingly make it be so.
Love is not a weapon and neither is Virgin Mary.

2 Likes

PadrePio_Rosary

18 Likes

Our contemporary sensibilities might make us stir uncomfortably at the association of the Mother of the Prince of Peace with the memory of warfare, strife and the troubled history that preceded and followed the Battle of Lepanto. But the fact of the matter is that this feast was first understood as a celebration akin to what we commemorate on the Fourth of July or D Day. Pope Pius V (later Saint Pius V) interpreted the event as the movement of Providence in favor of the Church and European civilization. He had no qualms in the assertion that the triumph properly belonged to the Mother of God and that in the midst of the rancor of battle, her intercession had moved the “Holy League” to victory. Such warlike associations with Christian Faith and culture likely cannot be sustained today. Some find all this to be offensive to genuine Christian sensibilities.

5 Likes

Clearly you don’t know History.

You’re derailing this topic, a lot.

If you say so…

1 Like

9 Likes

13 Likes

Clearly you are wrong.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Only the devil is relative blaming others. God is a Fair Judge and assumes His own actions.

I would take this quote seriously if it weren’t that on this very site, when I quoted a Roman Catholic saint I was explained that what he said is not dogma and we don’t have to believe what he said.
In this case, the same applies, yes?

A Sept. 29 statement from the Vatican said that Pope Francis had recently affirmed that prayer “is the weapon against the Great Accuser who ‘goes around the world seeking to accuse.’ Only prayer can defeat him.”

The pope said that recitation of the rosary would invoke Mary’s intercession, placing the Church under her “protective mantle.”

4 Likes

What do you mean by “Only the devil is relative blaming others. God is a Fair Judge and assumes His own actions.”?

You “allowed” us to flag your post at our own will, and that’s what I did, fair and square.

What does dogma have to do with it? You don’t even have to say the rosary if you don’t want.

The issue is that you claimed “the saints don’t offer weapons” and that “we don’t do weapons” and generally took issue with “weapons” language.

The fact is that many saints and Popes have referred to rosaries and prayers as weapons in a spiritual warfare battle against the devil and against evil. It’s not “dogma” (very little is dogma) but when you say “we don’t do weapons” it might be more correct for you to say, “I don’t like weapons imagery”.
Many saints and Popes clearly are just fine with calling rosaries and prayers “weapons”, as are many Catholics.

8 Likes

7 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes

That accusation doesn’t follow.

“Amidst all prayers, the Rosary is the most beautiful, the richest in graces, and the one that most pleases the Most Holy Virgin.”
~Pope St. Pius X~

4 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.