The Rosary

I haven’t been able to say the Rosary for a while because of mental illness which causes concentration issues but recently I wanted to start again. I bought a new rosary but when I say the rosary there don’t seem to be enough beads, there are three between each medallion, I know it is shameful but I can’t remember how to say the rosary and the book doesn’t explain where to start, is it me doing it wrong or are there not enough beads, I always thought there where supposed to be five between medallions.

there should be 10 beads between each of the our father beads. there should be 5 sets of these.

virtualrosary.org/

here is a place you can download an easy program that takes you through the rosary with beautiful music, a meditative picture and bible quotes to help keep you mind and heart on the mysteries.

If you need ANY more help on how to pray it… I’m more than happy to help!

Hi Justme,

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

It sounds to me like you may actually have some kind of Chaplet, as opposed to a Rosary.

As Michael posted above me, the Rosary has ten Hail Mary beads for us to use in one decade. It is not uncommon for some Chaplets to have three beads in them, in a row.

I am posting a link here, to the Catholic catalog website, so that you can take a look at both their Chaplets and their Rosaries for comparison, just to get an idea of what they look like.

If you are not sure about what you have, then I would say that you should ask your pastor/parish priest for help in identifying it for you. :slight_smile:

Here is the link to the Catholic company website:

search.catholiccompany.com/search#w=Chaplets

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.