The russian church: Profiting by silence. Public orthodoxy

publicorthodoxy.org/2017/03/30/russian-church-protests-silence/

This is very sad but not particularly surprising. If Russia ever did enter a more open, free post Putin era I think a more authentic Orthodox Church would emerge that would move away from these State aligned elements at the top of the hierarchy. But I don’t see this coming any time soon.

Authentic church,as under the Romonoffs.It,s akin to the Anglicans, crawl to anyone who gives them human acknowledgment or financial enhancement. We all do different things to survive

That is highly insulting and even if the ROC in Russia ceased to exist there are branches outside Russia and you are merely been insulting to both the Orthodox and the Anglicans in this post.

Then report it.It still doesn’t make any difference to the behaviour of the hierarchy of nearly all churches who will do anything to survive. We could ,of course,start with the lords spiritual in the house of fill your boots.

Why should I? If you chose to insult other Churches and people in other Christian traditions that is your own choice ultimately. It is also my choice as to whether I engage with your or not might of course also be pointed out and it would therefore be best to say, ‘lay on sir’ and let you do battle with the enemies you perceive with the proviso that I will be stepping aside from such a battle.

Far be it for Roman Catholics with the confusion we currently have in our hierarchy to criticize another church.

The “masses” protesting in St. Petersburg:

ROCOR COMMENTARY ON THE FEBRUARY REVOLUTION: BLAME THE WEST AND LINK PUTIN TO THE TSARS
publicorthodoxy.org/2017/04/20/rocor-february-revolution/

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.