The Saint Joseph Thread

I see Saint Joseph as endearing, humble, and powerful. He is the saint we need in this age, protector of the church, of priests, and of families. If you have any great stories on how he helped you, please share them here. And please share beautiful artwork, prayers, and meditations and insights into the saint, as well. I’m beginning a 30 day prayer for my fiancé’s move and job transfer situation here:
https://aleteia.org/2017/03/19/the-powerful-30-day-prayer-to-st-joseph-2/?_gl=14olwt3_ga*YW1wLUl1dmxsN2FETUFIV1AxVU5IQlhscmt3bEkxQWVJS1BiSEtlOWFsb3M2QTRVRjJqQmRjZGtrakFPcV9pNUxtM2g.

Please feel free to join in for your family’s intentions as well.

9 Likes

Thank you for this. Count me among those who are great fans of dear St. Joseph, pray to him for protection daily, and believe that his time in the church is dawning. I love you St. Joseph!

I want to add that I particularly like pictures or statues of St. Joseph that show him to be a much younger man than the old man pictured above. My church has a lovely statue of Joseph who appears about 25-30 years old. A young man known for his purity and faithfulness to God is very attractive.

5 Likes

Saint Joseph, we love you.

9 Likes

7 Likes

My brother’s house had not been selling, and I told him to bury the statue as a prayer. It sold within the next couple of days.

5 Likes

Story of The Loretto Chapel

4 Likes

This is one of my favorite images with Saint Joseph!

the-holy-family-in-st-joseph-s-workshop_u-l-plirkl0

6 Likes

I’ve been there several times. It’s a beautiful chapel, but no longer owned by the Catholic Church. :cry:

1 Like

I had no idea! How sad.

Yes, and I think it confuses many tourists because it is right in the center of the town and retains all the Catholic trappings but is a secular place where weddings are held. Admission is charged to get in and there’s a gift shop inside. Still, it is worth a visit. Oh, and the Cathedral not far away is “still Catholic” and lovely!

3 Likes

The cathedral is just a few blocks away, and it is amazing. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The story of St. Andre Bessette and St. Joseph

3 Likes

And St Joseph’s Oratory in Montreal.
oratory-4

4 Likes

“The Gospels speak exclusively of what Joseph ‘did,’” Pope John Paul II said. “Still, they allow us to discover in his ‘actions’ — shrouded in silence as they are — an aura of deep contemplation. Joseph was in daily contact with the mystery ‘hidden from ages past,’ and which ‘dwelt’ under his roof.”

4 Likes

I have a couple of St. Joseph stories. The first one is pretty simple. Sixteen years ago, shortly after I got confirmed we bought a new home so we put our first home on the market. We buried a statue of St. Joseph in the front yard. We didn’t manage to sell the house right away and became reluctant landlords. We just sold the house last month. Thanks to the intercessions of St. Joseph, it worked out fairly well for us.

3 Likes

This prayer was found in the 50th year of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In 1505, it was sent from the pope to Emperor Charles when he was going into battle. Whoever shall read this prayer or hear it or keep it about themselves, shall never die a sudden death or be drowned, nor shall poison take effect on them; neither shall they fall into the hands of the enemy or be burned in any fire or be overpowered in battle. Say for nine mornings for anything you desire. It has never been known to fail.

Here is the prayer, which some claim “has never been known to fail, provided that the request is for one’s spiritual benefit or for those whom we are praying for.”

O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, I place in you all my interest and desires.

O St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.

O St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him close in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for me. Amen.

Shortly after coming home to the Catholic Church (from Anglicanism) I took St. Joseph as my patron saint.
When “Brother André of Montreal” was canonized I took him as my second patron, especially when I learned that St. André had a special devotion to St. Joseph.
I feel that I now have two powerful friends/family members in heaven to call upon for help and for prayer to Our Lord.
Dominus tecum, Reg

2 Likes

Saint Joseph, universal patron of the Church and terror of demons, pray for us!

1 Like

St Joseph got me my first real job when I was 20 years old. It was a summer job that became a career. 12 years later I am taking what I’ve learned on that job and starting my own company. I pray to him daily. Repeatedly.

1 Like

We finished this 30 day prayer yesterday… and guess what? He got the call from the employer he wanted just now, and the final inspection for the home sale is done and good as of today! Great news! Thank you, dear Padre!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.