The scandal of fiddled global warming data - Telegraph

The US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record

When future generations try to understand how the world got carried away around the end of the 20th century by the panic over global warming, few things will amaze them more than the part played in stoking up the scare by the fiddling of official temperature data. There was already much evidence of this seven years ago, when I was writing my history of the scare, The Real Global Warming Disaster. But now another damning example has been uncovered by Steven Goddard’s US blog Real Science, showing how shamelessly manipulated has been one of the world’s most influential climate records, the graph of US surface temperature records published by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/10916086/The-scandal-of-fiddled-global-warming-data.html

I was amused to find that the official Australian climate records show temperature readings from Cobar Airport from the 1960s even though the Cobar Airport was established in 1996.
My son has been warned to treat this climate crisis as we did with the 2000 bug in IT.
We can laugh but this conspiracy keeps many in jobs, keeps many out of jobs in industry, allows grants to self interested Universities and Public Servants across the world.
Many of these Green fanatics won’t be happy until we are all back in the caves.
At least our Australian Prime Minister has joined with the Canadians to challenge Obama in his destruction of jobs bent to maintain this leftist myth. When will America wake up and look at the fiasco in Europe.

It is worse than that. The want to establish a world elite served by the serfs who manage to get born against all odds and against all efforts to debase marriage and morality :shrug:.

Linus2nd.

And now that science has conclusively proved that cooling cause ice to melt (which now nicely explains melting glaciers and ice, and disintegrating ice sheets), we now have a much better understanding of global cooling effects – which also explains why sea levels are rising, since cooling also cause water to expand.

How could 1000s of climate scientists have been so wrong for so many decades on this global warming issue. It’s got to be a massive conspiracy on an order the world has never seen, which they were able to conceal for decades in order to make money and promote their tiehclwijcnfhe ideology & convert all of us to it.

Or a big fat joke they were playing on us, just for fun. & games, to see how long it would take for us to catch on.

Now we can all go home and emit as much pollution as we can. Oh, that’s right, local pollution is harmful to health.

I don’t know what they motives were. All that matters is they were wrong then and they are wrong now. We are not talking about whether we should pollute at will. We are talking about whether we should impose massive job killing, people killing new taxes and regulations based on flawed science.

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

How can you be so obtuse? Could you please cite your sources on how “they are wrong now?” It’s people like you aka climate deniers that truly scare me. Can you see the irony of having blind faith in your religion, but when the cold hard FACT that our climate is changing and we are indeed a cause in that, supported by scientists all over the world, you deny that. Truly ironic yes. Wake up and open your eyes. We all share the same planet, but if deniers have their way, none of us will be around in the near future.

Yes I can see the irony in the man caused global warming true believers. That belief in MMGW has become a religion. A religion based on fraud, a fraud which the true believers refuse to acknowledge and continuosly make excuses for. ‘Hide the Decline’ is the cry of an advocate, someone not pursuing science but a cause.

Science doesn’t require fiddling with the data, suppression of opposing views, discarding actual data contradictory to the theory with extrapolations based on the assumptions of the theory, or conspiracies to blacklist scientists with competing theories. Science is not based on the percentage of scientists who agree with a theory (or cause), it is based on the models and theories which best explain the actual observed data. And the statement that the majority of scientist agree on MMGW has been disproven repeatedly, the majority do not agree that MMGW is settled science.

Actually, yes they do.

From Nasa:

climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

More for you:

List of worldwide scientific organizations

The following page lists the nearly 200 worldwide scientific organizations that hold the position that climate change has been caused by human action.
opr.ca.gov/s_listoforganizations.php

U.S. agencies

The following page contains information on what federal agencies are doing to adapt to climate change.
c2es.org/docUploads/federal-agencies-adaptation.pdf

Can you cite a single model prepared by “climate scientists” that has not been falsified? Can you produce a single model that predicted a 17 year “pause” in global warming? Can you produce a single model or prediction that stated the oceans would warm instead of the atmosphere?

Given there history of lying, suppressing dissent and changing numbers to suit there needs why should anyone trust them?

How many of these organizations predicted a 17 year “Pause” in “global Warming”? If we are going to get hysterical about global warming shouldn’t there be some warming taking place?

Wouldn’t this be a great conference to attend?

The Heartland Institute’s 9th International Conference on Climate Change
July 7-9, 2014

Come to fabulous Las Vegas to meet leading scientists from around the world who question whether “man-made global warming” will be harmful to plants, animals, or human welfare. Learn from top economists and policy experts about the real costs and futility of trying to stop global warming.

Meet the leaders of think tanks and grassroots organizations who are speaking out against global warming alarmism. Don’t just wonder about global warming … understand it!

A preliminary schedule for the event is here. Speakers already confirmed include Fred Singer, Craig Idso, Willie, Soon, Roy Spencer, Marc Morano, Christopher Monckton, and Anthony Watts. For more speakers and their bios,
climateconference.heartland.org/speakers-2/

I was taught in grade school that the temperatures/climate changes over the course of time. Can’t believe that man has anything to do with it, good or bad. Even after all we have been forced into by those in charge they say it is not having an effect. So obviously we do not control things. How arrogant of mankind.

Yep, 1000s of highly educated, hard-working scientists wrong.

I think it’s our lousy educational system.

Back then we called it “weather”

I don’t know what the cause is but they is no dispute they were wrong. They are once again reworking their models and telling us to ignore the fact that not a single of their models has been correct yet.

Fool me once, shame on them, fool me twice shame on me.

A lot of scientists are following the herd and grants (money) in this. They are not climatologists working in the field of predicting long term climate forecasting. That is a pretty small fraternity but they managed to find a way to get government money during a recession, so more power to them. :wink:

Did ANYONE here on these threads EVER say to go home and pollute? Your agenda appears to demonize those who disagree with you.

I am a huge skeptic of AGW. HUGE. Yet I used cloth diapers for my kids and hung them in the sun. How man AGW mongers do that? Our family has been recycling since the 1960’s. We turn our thermostats down in winter and up in the summer. I combine my trips when I go out in my car. No, I don’t have a Prius. Can’t afford it. Even with the tax breaks. My car is a used which I got from the credit union as a repo. When I had a house, I had a vegetable garden and a compost heap.

How many AGW mongers live in houses that are bigger than they need? Al Gore’s mansion comes to mind. Obama certainly doesn’t seem to mind golfing on artificially maintained golf courses (think of all the fertilizer, insecticide, and weed-killer run off, the pollution of the machines to maintain and mow, water resources). Obama has no problem jetting around the world in his polluting Air Force One.

Why is that?

Are the elite exempt from doing their part to preserver our precious resource? Are only the peasants to suffer in order save our planet?

If the AGW mongers really believed in AGW, they would not live such lavish lifestyles.

Don’t blame me. When I teach science, I teach the scientific method, not scientific politics.
:wink:

Some scientists told us in the 70’s that a new ice age was coming. They were wrong, too.

Jon

And I’ll bet I run my house air conditioning less than anybody else in this thread! We never run our air conditioner-reason being we don’t have one (or need one)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.