I’m trying to get a copy of the miracle. I actually communicated with the person who did the scientific study. The issue that I am having is that I don’t understand Italian and can’t write it well or read it. Otherwise, I would send him a letter in Italian requesting a copy of the study (which he seemed glad to provide). I am also very busy - otherwise I might pay a professional Italian translater to translate the document for me. I am also highly interested in sending the document to interested friends. :o
On this forum, I communicated with a person who I think lives in Italy and knows of the company that published it and might be interested in translating the letter/article or obtaining it. I can tell him that there is another person interested in this miracle other than myself if you would like it sooner than I get around to doing this and maybe you might communicate with him. :o
P.S. In my investigations, I found out that the author of the study knows of no WHO organization involvement in the miracle. I called the WHO and searched their website and no one there or on the website knows of any involvement. So this seems like a spurious claim to me. Many claims have been spurious regarding the Lanciano miracle, including claims written in books. In fact, the person I initially contacted as a colleague of the doctor was quoted in a book as having an involvement with the Lanciano miracle that he actually did not have!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Summary of my knowledge on the miracle:
In A.D. 700 “at the monastery of St. Loginus in Lanciano, Italy, a priest from the Order of St. Basil was celebrating Mass. Having doubted the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, the priest saw, during the consecration, the bread miraculously transfored into a circle of flesh and the wine appear as bright as fresh blood. Eventually, the liquefied blood turned into five pellets of various sizes and shapes. When the local archbishop later weighed the pellets, it was discovered that one nugget weighed the same as all five together, two as much as any three, and the smallest as much as the largest. In February of 1574, another test was done on the miraculous blood pellets. Again, any one of the pellets weighed along equaled the weight of all five pellets together. In 1970, further tests were made on the body and blood of Jesus. Analysis has proved that the bread and wine contain characteristics of real human flesh and blood. Both belonged to the same blood type, AB. Eventually the Franciscans rebuilt the church that houses the Eucharistic miracle of Lanciano. It is now called the Church of St. Francis (Michael Freze, S.F.O. Voices, Visions, and Apparitions) (http://www.concernedcatholics.org/miracles.htm)”
This miracle was first studied scientifically in 1970-1971 by Dr. Edoardo Linoli, professor of anatomy, pathological histology, chemistry and clinical microsocpy, and the former head of the Laboratory of Pathological Anatomy at the Hospital of Arezzo, published in pub med: Quad Sclavo Digan. 1971. Sep; 7(3): 661-74. Histological, immunological and biochemiccal studies on the flesh and blood of the eucharistic miracle of Lanciano (8th century) ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4950729?ordinalpos=28&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
(Pubmed is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health that includes over 18 million citations from MEDLINE and other life science journals for biomedical articles back to the 1950s. PubMed includes links to full text articles and other related resources)
"* The Flesh is real Flesh. The Blood is real Blood.
- The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.
- The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart.
- In the Flesh we see present in section: the myocardium, the endocardium, the vagus nerve and also the left ventricle of the heart for the large thickness of the myocardium.
- The Flesh is a “HEART” complete in its essential structure.
- The Flesh and the Blood have the same blood-type: AB(Blood-type identical to that which Prof. Baima Bollone uncovered in the Holy Shroud of Turin)
- In the Blood there were found proteins in the same normal proportions (percentage-wise) as are found in the sero-proteric make-up of the fresh normal blood.
- In the Blood there were also found these minerals: chlorides, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.
- The preservation of the Flesh and of the Blood, which were left in their natural state for twelve centuries and exposed to the action of atmospheri and biological agents, remains an extraordinary phenomenon.
Note - above in the summary I have provided you a link to an actual scientific side recording the study of the miracle.