The scriptures are downright catholic!

The scriptures have reference to Catholicism e.g. holy Items, importance of bishops, faith and works, slight hints of sacraments. grace, dealing with schism(what I can think of at the moment). Catholicism is christian! Though I see the importance of the protest to prevent Heresy like Pelagianism, The importance of grace and faith too matter and martin Luther wasn’t strictly wrong with Faith alone. Now I have to deal with my issues with Protestantism.

3 Likes

Read the works of Scott Hahn. He’s spent a lifetime writing about how (gasp!) the Scriptures are Catholic.

6 Likes

I don’t know what you have in mind when you say “Martin Luther wasn’t strictly wrong with Faith alone.” The Letter of St. James reads, “So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.” Jas 2:17

Totally. If you want a church that follows what scripture says, become Catholic.

2 Likes

The issue comes in when faith and works are separated to begin with. The original word that was translated into “faith” meant both an affirmation of the intellect and an affirmation of the will. “Faith” really means “belief and obedience.” This is why James says that faith without works is dead.

1 Like

I converted to Catholicism from an evangelical background and I find that as a catholic I can actually take the Bible more literally than before.

I absolutely agree. Amen!

The Catholic Church chose what scriptures to include in the Bible–of course they obviously support Catholicism! Why we would have chosen things that went against our tradition?

Chesterton had a good take on this here:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.