'The Secret Works!

Oh wow, Pheonix . . . That is just too applicable. The Word of the Lord has spoken about The Secret. Glory be to our God, the King of our Souls.

Thank you so much Phoenix, I did pray my LOTH this morning, but was still disturbed because my baby brother means so much to me. :o I guess I was not too attentive to His word. I tried to go to church to visit Jesus in the BS but, guess what? The key did not turn the lock no matter how I tried. This has only happened to me twice in three years, snow or rain. So I was more frustrasted by this little incident…

Will just put the whole situation in His Heart for now until I get to church to-morrow…:signofcross:

May God give you strength, Shoshana.

May His grace fill you and His love shine on, within and through you.

God bless you now and forever, and may He grant you His aid.

In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Dear Shoshana -
I’d never heard of this book. But today I had a serious occurrence, which causes me to think there is evil around me even without any particular books. And I’m scared. And so I pray St. Anthony’s exorcism prayer - for you, for me, for all here -

"Behold the Cross of the Lord. Begone, ye enemy powers. The Lion of the Tribe of Juda, the Root of David has conquered. Alleluia, Alleluia. Amen."

:crossrc:

If The Secret is what Oprah Winfrey was marketing, I think that is new age… or is this something else?

Can you elaborate?

Looks like the book is still rounding up new readers…

I have a very distant relative in Germany who just told me her family is Catholic, but she’s made it pretty clear to me that she’s agnostic. I asked her why, and she said God “never helps” and that I should read “The Secret” to find out what she believes, further stating it was “too much to tell about”. (I have noticed she uses fortune-telling apps on Facebook; perhaps this is linked to it?) She also said after stating she didn’t know if she could believe in God that she believes in herself-- not sure here whether she was referring to self-confidence or making herself her own goddess, which I sure hope it’s the former!

Does anyone know what the falsehoods of this book are? What I’ve read so far on this forum thread tells me it’s something along the lines of wanting and receiving.

If I knew what it was, then perhaps it’d be easier to bring her back to the Church.

I told her I’d pray for her…and anyone reading this, please pray for her, too (I won’t drop her name here since she’s a minor and I respect her privacy. God knows her name, that’s all that matters.).

Thanks for the prayers!

St. Michael the Archangel, defender in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou oh prince of the Heavenly Host by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen. :crossrc:

Also, Shoshana, you should repeat the above prayer every day for your own protection. This New Age stuff that your brother has gotten involved with is very dangerous stuff. I will continue to pray for your brother.

this book is really evil, because it making yourself into God, to get whatever you want. It definitely goes against God’s will for us… it’s not just “positive thinking”!! it’s based on very new age ideas.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.