The Seminaries of the Future!..........In 2007!

Please
see the link below, it is clean,
so, all’s okay.
I tried to it
but, it’d only let me post the link.
youtube.com/watch?v=qxzbUAo-MSQ

Once again, Robot Arm!

That is soooooooooooo great! I will have to finish it at school, cause I am laughing so much, I woke up DD

Wow, I just saw that on the Curt Jester a few minutes ago. I like the part where it said “how about another puff for the poor souls?”

:rotfl:

I am very amused to see that the priest of the future still wears a biretta… boy did they get something coming about a decade after this was made

Um… it was made by current seminarians. That’s what makes it funny.

Wait- it was class of 2007 students making a movie about what class of 1957 students would make about class of 2007 students?

Hm… nvmd then :juggle:

Gotta love the smoking priests! Reminds me of how St. Josemaria Escriva once told his companions that one of them had to take up the nasty habit lest they appear too seperate from the society which they served.

A teacher of mine who had gone through minor seminary used to tell us about a crotchety old priest who went through carton upon carton of Wings cigarettes. I guess smoking was a large part of seminary life.

I once heard a priest tell the story of a friend from seminary years who was so attached to his cigarrette that he would smoke even in the shower: just placed the wigwag on top of the stall, take a puff, put it back.

There were these two seminarians who didn’t like having to go through their long daily prayers without being able to smoke. They decided they would both ask the head priest for permission - figuring two requests are better than one.

The next day, the first seminarian came upon the second who was smoking and praying in Our Lady’s grotto outside. He was shocked - he said, “How did you get permission for this? Father told me I couldn’t smoke while I prayed!”

The other seminarian said, “Ah, that was your mistake. You asked if you could smoke while you prayed. I asked if I could pray while I smoked!”

What’s with smoking for souls?

I think it was a widespread stereotype that all priests smoked- my dad (who was raised baptist) said he heard once that so many priests smoked during Mass the Vatican made a decree saying that it was no longer allowed.

Of course, this was likely protestant anti-Catholic slander :tsktsk:

It’s tabacconated incense, really!

Just gotta suck it up and offer it up for the poor souls in purgatory. (The latter idea of which was a much more common pious thought at the time of the “seminarians of the past.”)

:clapping: :thumbsup:

I don’t get why this is so funny :shrug:

I can’t believe I watched the entire thing.

That was horrible. haha

It’s a takeoff on the kind of media production which was commonly done at the time of it’s satirical date as well as touching upon a lot of the big ideas of that period (such as smoking and space exploration.)

St. Pius X used to smoke as well–although he smoked cigars. Here he is gracing the cover of a cigar box:

http://www.hobby-collectibles.co.uk/cigar%20labels/images/cir025.jpg

Genesis: Do you know where I might buy one of these? I’d love to add this to my collection.

Thats my new favorite papal picture :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.