The serpent.

I heard knocking on my backdoor. I checked and there was no one...

I hear my dogs barking like wild animals in my garage...I go to check and there is a four and half foot snake under the truck...snapping at them..I immediately begin to pray to the virgen de Guadalupe...my dogs have never behaved like this...I've seen'm kill plenty...

I grab a shovel and begin screaming for them to kill it...

Belle, the older of the two is ferociously ripping at it...she barely moves these days...she finally pulls it away from the corner and begins throwing it around the garage...howling and barking...she throws it into the yard and all three of us are yelling...The snake Is dead but they won't let me get near it...there's blood everywhere..she was bit in the eye,face ,belly, but from what I can see she is fine...

Please pray for me...I've been battling this serpent my entire life...I feel myself getting closer to God and to his holy son Jesus...and he doesn't want to let me go easily...and please even more than for me...pray for my beautiful dogs...belle and gonzo.

Paz, gracias, y tanto amor...

Praying!

I will pray for you and both of your dogs. Have you considered taking your dogs to the vet to make sure they are okay?

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners; now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I’m Praying!

:crossrc:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in our hour of conflict; Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God restrain Him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast Satan into Hell, and with him all the other evil spirits, who wander through the world, for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Snakes aren’t the enemy. For the most part they are benign, and an important part of the eco-system.

The devil is the enemy.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

(Findingmyself08 is right. Make sure your dogs are alright!)

[quote="triumphguy, post:6, topic:292932"]
Snakes aren't the enemy. For the most part they are benign, and an important part of the eco-system.

The devil is the enemy.

[/quote]

Do not know if I can agree with you entirely here. Evil has been known to make use of nature.

I can, however agree with your choic of Motor cycle.:) Checked your Blog. Nice wheels. Always loved Triumphs since I was 15. They still leak oil like a seive?

Ooops. Hope I am not hijaking the Thread!

Back to praying.:signofcross:

[quote="Nimzovik, post:8, topic:292932"]
Do not know if I can agree with you entirely here. Evil has been known to make use of nature.

I can, however agree with your choic of Motor cycle.:) Checked your Blog. Nice wheels. Always loved Triumphs since I was 15. They still leak oil like a seive?

Ooops. Hope I am not hijaking the Thread!

Back to praying.:signofcross:

[/quote]

No they don't leak!

And I will keep Gorrillaman in my prayers tonight.

Praying for you and your dogs. May our Lady keep the three of you safe.

Hail Mary...

Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

Remembering your intentions in my daily prayers. God bless!

Yes I know:)…thank you

Gorillaman,

Where is La Frontera? What kind of snake was it? How are your dogs?

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen***

[quote="MS_SURVEYOR, post:14, topic:292932"]
Gorillaman,

Where is La Frontera? What kind of snake was it? How are your dogs?

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen***

[/quote]

Deep south Texas... Very tip of Texas...it's the frontier. It looked like rat snake...but ive never seen one fight like this or as big....especially a simple rat snake...belle is alright...she seems sore and is limping, licking her wounds...gonzo's fine he's a bigger younger male but he didn't attack the snake...I gave belle ice water and cooked some chicken for her. She was very happy ..

Gorillaman
Sorry to hear, i will get enough strength to pray for you. I hope the dogs are ok.
i have 6 dogs and would not wish anything to happen to them.
May the spirit of God dwell with you richly

[quote="Heart_broken, post:16, topic:292932"]
Gorillaman
Sorry to hear, i will get enough strength to pray for you. I hope the dogs are ok.
i have 6 dogs and would not wish anything to happen to them.
May the spirit of God dwell with you richly

[/quote]

Thank you:) thanks to everyone.

[quote="triumphguy, post:6, topic:292932"]
Snakes aren't the enemy. For the most part they are benign, and an important part of the eco-system.

The devil is the enemy.

[/quote]

Some snakes are good ratters and mousers! :D

Glad your dogs are doing alright. belle sounds like she’s a bit of a spitfire.:):smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.