"The Sexual Brainwashing of Britain." An account on how some schools are promoting LGBT life to children

“For some years now, and especially since the advent of same-sex “marriage” in 2014, schools around the U.K. have been introducing more and more controversial LGBT-friendly “relationships and sex education” into classes for children of all ages.”

A very easy country to homeschool in, maybe more parents should consider it: https://hslda.org/content/hs/international/unitedkingdom/default.asp

1 Like

I have a sister who lives in the UK. She’s an atheist, and therefore happy to be there. However, I can’t imagine how any devout Catholic or Christian can stand it anymore.

2 Likes

I’m more than happy, thank you, as are my friends, and fellow-parishioners.

I find it strange that you believe I couldn’t be. You surely don’t believe all you read in sensationalist periodicals?

5 Likes

Homeschooling may be the only reasonable response to protect children from such indoctrination.

2 Likes

I don’t read sensationalist periodicals, although I do occasionally gag my way through something by the Guardian.

Actual article published last month or so in The Guardian:
" If there’s a cardinal sin to be made, count on the Catholic church…A grim little vaudeville act is currently touring some of Scotland’s Catholic parishes, featuring the remains of Thérèse of Lisieux, a long-dead French nun…When the church’s spinmeisters urge its followers to bow down in medieval veneration to the bleached fragments of dead heroes …The success of the Reformation lay in freeing people from the spiritual slavery of Rome, where the bones of saints and counterfeit fragments of the Holy Cross had become an industry. The profits from this paid for the ruinous and brutal Crusades (and the beginning of Islamophobia)."

Reply Reply All Forward

:open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth:

In this day and age?!?!?

“For some years now, and especially since the advent of same-sex “marriage” in 2014, schools around the U.K. have been introducing more and more controversial LGBT-friendly “relationships and sex education” into classes for children of all ages.”

The Catholic Hierarchy in the UK have much to be blamed for this with regard to the acceptance of such teaching in Catholic schools. This article gives only the tip of the iceberg regarding the situation:

In fact the leadership situation in the UK is dire for Catholics. From the lack of support (and even the undermining of same) re the Alfie Evans case, the silence concerning the attempted introduction of Court sanctioned forced abortion on a mentally disabled Catholic woman some months ago, to the open ridicule of a prelate`s alleged relationship with a nun. The foremost Catholic relief charity CAFOD is now headed by a woman whose record speaks for itself!

The situation is awful. Thankfully, there are still some members of the laity who try and keep the pressure on such as the redoubtable John Smeaton:

1 Like

Help me understand how this works. A boy who likes girls reads this material and thinks to himself, “Gee, I guess I like boys now”?

I’ve never met anyone who could be persuaded to change their sexual orientation, no matter what their teachers taught them. Do you really believe this stuff?

I think back to when I was discovering how interesting girls are, and I can’t think of anything anyone could have said to make me think I wanted to date boys. Even at your most vulnerable, in the throes of adolescence, did you ever consider dating someone outside your target sexual orientation?

I just don’t see how anyone can think “they” are going to change our kids’ sexual orientation from straight to something else. Either your child is straight, or s/he is not. An education program isn’t going to change that.

3 Likes

Which was an opinion piece (clearly labelled) by a journalist who happens to be executive editor of the Scottish edition of the UK’s Daily Mail and former reporter for the Scottish Catholic Observer.

I’d broadly agree. The sex Ed programs being talked about here may have the effect of “normalizing” - by which I mean - establishing the moral reasonableness of - relationships of a kind that catholic moral theology says are unacceptable. I cannot see anyone’s inclinations being changed though.

I think it’s a case that schools in the UK are very tightly constrained by Government as to what is taught. There is a national curriculum which all schools and all homeschoolers must teach. Sex education which now includes teaching about same sex and “alternative” lifestyles is on it and must be taught by law.

I’m 41 now so LGBT stuff wasn’t taught in schools then, but we were taught about the importance of using contraception despite attending a Catholic school ran by Jesuit brothers. We were not taught anything about the Catechism of the Catholic Church, I did not know for example that masturbation was a sin until I read about it on here as an adult, by which time a habit of adolescence had grown into almost an addiction which I’m still struggling to break.

I don’t think it’s the schools at fault per say they have to teach the National Curriculum, homeschooled children are also required to be taught there curriculum.

A lot of young people are not strictly gay or strictly straight. Same sex experimentation is as old as time and very documented. Young adolescents often have strong feelings for their friends that can be mistaken for adult sexual desire.

So yes, it’s very possible for a kid to have ideas planted in their head.

I had a friend (another mom) say to me recently “have you noticed there’s a lot of pressure on kids to have and LGBT label on them?”.
This friend is very liberal, BTW, so I was very surprised by her observation.
Her kids go to a tech high school where they teach a lot of “creative” trades, and it attracts a lot of kids who are questioning everything.
Unfortunately, her daughter had a very toxic friend who kept telling her over and over that she was in denial about her orientation and was really a closeted lesbian .

But anyway, if you had asked me back in the day if a kids orientation was malleable, I would have said “no”, but in the last recent years I’ve seen a lot of things that made me question.
I wouldn’t say “no” to that question anymore.

Feel free to flame :fire:

1 Like

Wow, the author of that piece managed to put “marriage” in scare quotes twice, just to make sure we understand that he doesn’t accept the law of the land which states that same-sex marriage is legal. It’s funny that he goes on to quote four pieces of British, European, and international law in a single paragraph where it suits his cause to do so, but he shows a flagrant disregard for the law where it takes a position he doesn’t like. He also seems oddly unaware of the principle of parliamentary sovereignty, which means that Parliament can repeal section 9 of the Education Act should it so wish (passing legislation that is incompatible with the Human Rights Act is admittedly a little trickier).

He manages to give an example of one example of a pupil being subjected to sexual touching following an RSE lesson. Clearly this is deplorable, but children subjecting other children to unwanted sexual touching did not begin with RSE. If anything, successfully implemented RSE ought to be decreasing the number of such incidents.

“We cannot tell by looking at someone or by their name how they self-define their gender.”

I don’t see how anyone could argue with that. You can make a pretty good guess and probably be right 99 times or more out of 100, but the only way of knowing how somebody self-defines anything is by asking them.

Almost all modern sex education is of dubious value for protecting young people …

I would submit that it is of a whole lot more value than what we had when I was at school in the UK, which was precisely nothing. It’s only been quite recently that I’ve learned just how many of my close friends were being sexually abused by men (and older boys) when they were children. It seems to have been so widespread that I wonder whether it was almost the norm, virtually a rite of passage. I think children are much more aware these days of what is and is not appropriate behaviour.

The state has no business interfering with families …

It turns out that the state does. The fact is that there is no guarantee that parents know what is best for their children. I am sure that most parents think that they know what’s best for their children, but they can’t all be right. . . .

1 Like

Sincere thanks for this post, Londoner, from an adopted Liverpudlian.

I am so tired of the UK being held up as next-door to Sodom and Gomorrah, with the Catholics who live in the UK plainly not devout or intelligent enough to recognise how they ae supposedly being persecuted and ridiculed every day of the week.

It is not so. Sure. there’s a lot wrong. But there’s a lot more right .

4 Likes

I don’t think teens that are rock-solid in their sexuality would suddenly change, of course not.

Yet it’s clear there are young people that are vulnerable. This kind of program preys on them. Some children have been neglected, abused or are confused. Instead of helping them embrace the way God created them, they’re encouraged to “experiment” which can lead to despair for many. So sad.

2 Likes

I can imagine it must be annoying to hear this.

However, it is the truth. Look what about the 5% illegitimacy rate? And the consequences? The ugliness of the life of the average single mother, and unpleasant statistics that hound the unfortunate children? Suicide rate up, mental illness up, school failure up, etc., How can you not notice this?

Anyone who has been to the UK recently will tell you that crime is off the charts, the morality of the UK seems to have vanished - with, of course, the exception of the always enraged scolds on the life, busy busy every day trying to undermine marriage and shove bisexuality and homosecuality and abortion down everyone’s throats.

Seriously, look at the consequences of secularism…the tarot card readings, the Druid rites, the end of marriage, and let’s not forget, alcoholism on every street corner. .

And as we can all see, the US is falling down the same hole.

3 Likes

P.S.:

I wonder what your sister thinks, as an atheist, about the following:

• The head of state reigns “by the Grace of God” and takes office in a ceremony that involves her being anointed with consecrated oil in an explicit reenactment of the anointing of Solomon.
  • The head of state is also supreme governor of the state church.
  • 26 seats in the upper house of legislature are reserved for bishops and archbishops of the state church. Additionally, by longstanding convention, retired archbishops are appointed to the House of Lords for life. Retired diocesan bishops are also sometimes awarded peerages.
  • Three places on the Queen’s Privy Council are held by the archbishops of Canterbury and York and the bishop of London. These appointments are for life, so at any one time there are probably at least half a dozen Anglican bishops on the Privy Council.
  • Before the two houses of the legislature sit each day prayers have to be said by an Anglican cleric (a priest in the House of Commons and a bishop or archbishop in the House of Lords).
  • The national flag comprises three crosses, representing three saints, St George, St Andrew, and St Patrick. Additionally, St Edward’s Crown and the Crown of Scotland, which serve as almost ubiquitous symbols of the state, are both surmounted by a cross.
  • The national anthem takes the form of a prayer to God.
  • The head of state maintains more than a dozen places of worship under her personal jurisdiction and employs an Ecclesiastical Household comprising Anglican bishops and priests and Presbyterian ministers
  • Almost every major national event (births, deaths, marriages, birthdays, wedding anniversaries, jubilees, terrorist attacks, wars, etc.) is marked by a service in a Church of England place of worship, typically Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral, or, recently, Southwark Cathedral. The state honours system is also bound up with the Churches of England and Scotland (e.g. every order of chivalry has its own chapel and a chaplain, dean, or prelate).
  • A daily act of collective worship of a broadly Christian character is compulsory in all schools.
  • Religious education is compulsory in all schools.
  • The government bears most, and in some instances all, of the costs of running maintained faith schools.
  • Senior positions at state-funded universities are reserved for Anglican priests, e.g. professorships at Oxford, Cambridge, and Durham, fellowships at Oxbridge colleges, the head of an Oxford college, the dean of King’s College London.
  • Religious programmes broadcast on the BBC, including Thought for the Day, Pause for Thought, a daily act of worship, weekly broadcast of Choral Evensong, and Songs of Praise weekly on television.
  • The NHS spends £25 million p.a. employing over 900 chaplains.

He wasn’t referring to a legal question, but to the redefined notion of ”marriage” as accommodating other than 1 man + 1 woman.

No argument with that in principle. I am not an authority on all the matters properly taught at school, so I leave it to the school. But I don’t agree that the school should be free to impart whatever the society / Government decides.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.